• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ninnyem

Ninnyem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:34 PM

Today marks my first day without my granddaughter. I am having "Ninny" withdrawal symptoms. I MISS her very much. She has moved to Mississippi with her mommy (my daughter) and her daddy due to daddy's job. They are only 8 hours away from me, yet, it feels as though I will never see her again. I just got off the phone with her, she just turned "one" July 31st, even though she may not understand that Ninny is hundreds of miles away, it brings pleasure to my face to be able to talk to her on the phone. I will be purchasing a webcam so I can see and speak with her. This is my only grand child, so needless to say I was heartbroken to find out that they would be moving. I thank God that I was able to cherish and enjoy her 1st year here in Texas. I look forward to plenty of visits and enjoying every precious moments with my Granddaughter.

#2 bbyrne

bbyrne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:34 AM

So sorry they have moved. I can only imagine how lost you must feel. Are you able to drive? Eight hours really is not far if you just decide to do it. The web cam is a great idea, I talk to my sis that way. My GS just got back from a three day camp and I missed him so much, as I have him almost everyday. So my heart hurts for you.

#3 Ninnyem

Ninnyem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

Thank you for the kind words. I am making plans to visit in the next couple of weeks. I will be starting school August 30th, so I only have a short window of opportunity before things get busy for me. I know your missing your grandchildren as well.

#4 granmaDR

granmaDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:04 PM

Please look into getting a cam for both families. It's the only way a child so young will keep remembering you. Before you know it, she'll be asking to see you on the screen. It's pretty fun to act just as silly on screen as in person -LOL

#5 Ninnyem

Ninnyem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:26 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I have shared this with my daughter as well. I want to keep up with her development,you know how quickly they grow up.