2 replies to this topic

#1 texasmamaw

texasmamaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

I just had a new grandson born at 4:06pm today. He is beautiful, and healthy. I was so blessed to be in the delivery room and watch him make his entrance into this world. I am also blessed to have him and his parents living in the same town. My next grandchild is due in Oct. Unfortunately this baby will be born in another state. Today's experience reinforced in me the desire to be there for the delivery for that baby as well. We make lots of phone calls and text frequently, and even use facebook. But it is still not the same as being there.

#2 lucille49

lucille49

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

Congratulations texasmamaw on your new grandson! You truly are blessed to live in the same town. Enjoy!!

#3 GramTheresa

GramTheresa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:32 PM

Nona Theresa Congratulations on the birth of your new grandchild! You are so lucky to live in the same town. You are totally right about it not being the same even if you do the best you can to stay in touch with grandchildren and parents in other places. Don't forget about the really inexpensive but amazing option of getting a webcam and using Skype (a free web service and webcams have gotten very reasonably priced).