• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Treecie

Treecie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:26 PM

I'm very new here so I hope u don't mind if I join in. My daught-in-law is wonderful and a good mom.Love her to death. Now DON'T forget, she's married to my son,ok? They have 3 very beautiful children, who are the apple of my eye of course! He left her MONTHS ago and he is really bein' a jerk. (putting it mild) we've had to support her n the kids in whatever shape or form, and I'm really getting tired!! My son knows we will not let the KIDS go without. It's a long detailing story and really sucks! He (son) is ****** @ me and my hubby for helping ETC. Haven't seen or talked to him since the end of aug.2009. This is just the surface, believe me!!!

#2 GrannnyO

GrannnyO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:11 AM

oh treecie, i'm sorry. you're doing the right thing! taking care of your grandchildren when their father left them is loving, honorable and moral. you didn't prepare to support a household of 4 at this age, of course. ideally you could your dil find a way to be able support her family (job or better job). teaching her to fish. she also should get herself a lawyer for child support. your son sounds disturbed. i hope he is getting mental health help. i can't imagine what's going on that he would get mad at anyone for helping the children he now refuses to help himself. when he gets mad at you, he's trying to put you in the middle of his marriage. but rest easy, you're not in the middle of anything. you're stepping up for the children. bless you and all you do.

#3 gvillenana

gvillenana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:14 AM

Treecie: I know it must feel terrible to know that your son walked away from his children. Also hard to have to pitch in and help at this point in your life, but we do what we HAVE to do. Hang in there, your reward will come.

#4 Bestgrandma4738

Bestgrandma4738

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:21 AM

You are very loving to take care of your grandchildren. As for your son, maybe he needs to step out of his ego trip and take responsibility for his children and wife both emotionally and financially. So many men and women will not take responsibility for their children, and this is so sad. I know it's difficult for you right now, but the difficulty will pass. Maybe if your son doesn't want to take responsibility for his children, maybe the courts need to step in and make him responsible. I wish you peace, harmony, laughter and love.