6 replies to this topic

#1 gram07

gram07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:55 AM

I wanted to share this poem with you. I gave a copy to each of my DsIL when they married my sons and I think it says a lot. Years ago I had a child, in another place and time. The greatest thing about this child, he was completely mine. I held him to my breast so close, he filled me so with love. He made me know without a doubt, he was a gift from up above. Through the years, I've watched him grow, and at times I'd lend a hand. Til now this beautiful gift from God, has turned into a man. For years I was the only woman, in this young man's life. For you see, I was his mother, and he hadn't taken a wife. Then I saw a lonely look, that crept into his eyes. There was a place I could not fill, no matter how I tried. So I prayed God send another into this young man's life. That very special person, that he shall call his wife. Then he met another, that set his heart aglow, and I left my place of honor, for a seat in the second row. For God had answered this mother's prayer, and sent him the very best. Of all the women on this earth, he chose you over the rest. So, I'll thank him for you every day, and I'll love you the best I can. For being the wife God has chosen, for my little boy, who is now a man. Of course as beautiful as that poem is, my DsIL at the time thought it was corny and didn't "get it". LOL At least I tried.

#2 CookieGramma

CookieGramma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:55 AM

Very nice! Thank you for sharing it with us.

#3 mama4

mama4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:25 AM

That's beautiful and really sums it up!!

#4 MrsMe

MrsMe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:31 AM

I thought it was a nice poem. I don't think it was corny to give it to your DsIL.

#5 kaysimon1324

kaysimon1324

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:57 PM

dear gram07 - how stunningly beautiful this is - and what a beautiful way to say "Happy Valentine's Day" to my two dil's - i printed copies out to put inside their valentines - it brought tears to my eyes - thank you so much for sharing this delightful and meaningful poem with us - hugggs

#6 gram07

gram07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:55 PM

thanks everyone. I thought it was a really good poem for the bride and explained how I wanted her to know that I understand she is first with my son. And I thank her for manking him happy. It seemed more like she just didn't want me to be any part of the equation. I always thought that the guys mother was expected to go to the bride and welcome her to the family. I think these days young women believe they are above that and don't need our welcome.

#7 camcam

camcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:08 PM

that's beautiful