Quantcast

Chat

Photo
- - - - -

My First Post and very likely my last!!!

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#81 daisyleigh

daisyleigh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

I apologize for my use of profanity on this thread. However, I stand by my posts and my opinion.

#82 firefly1970

firefly1970

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:47 PM

"I wish you DIL's would get it thru your heads that regardless of how big of a "B" your MIL is, she is the ONLY resource on earth that can give you insight on what makes your husband tick." I know this has already been pointed out for its ridiculousness, but I'd also like to make note of how insulting this is to fathers. And hurtful to those who have lost their mothers long before their married years. Carrying this much bitterness, favoritism and self-righteousness around must be exhausting. My DH was actually very depressed and very nearly in tears after his last birthday when HE (not me, I didn't say a word until he brought it up) noticed how little his parents know who he is as an adult. He said he's sort of known for a while but it was just so in his face now that he couldn't ignore it. We are already planning a trip for his next birthday, there will be no extended family party.

#83 firefly1970

firefly1970

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:54 PM

(sorry, keep thinking of more things after I post). For all of their faults and the issues I have with them, my IL's have NEVER favored the oldest grandchild, I will absolutely give them credit and thanks for that. My parents don't, and none of the grandparents in my extended family do. It is NOT the norm, it is not acceptable, and nobody needs to just deal with it. For people saying that the grandchildren are the ones that suffer and to think of them, this attitude is certainly not thinking of them and would be more harmful than a child who didn't have grandparents at all. Hence why you might not be getting the access you want.

#84 Gamawh

Gamawh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:55 PM

Thank you, DaisyLeigh. You have completely proven the point of the crap I have been spewing. I'm sure many others on this board are in full agreement with you that I do not know 'jack chit' (I spelled it chit on purpose) and my crap is offering much enjoyable entertainment for them, too. ... uhhhhh.... your comments and behavior should be elected poster child for appropriate behavior??????? (that's just a question, child... just a question!)

#85 daisyleigh

daisyleigh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

I am respectful and listen to older folks. Those who actually ARE wise, that is. Age does not mean that one is wise.

#86 notgoodenough4MIL

notgoodenough4MIL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:01 PM

Thank you so much sweetheart! I'm so lucky now to say there is atleast one person I do not want as a MIL. You say you are happy but you post really suggests otherwise. I wish you the best and hope you can find happiness soon.

#87 Gamawh

Gamawh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:09 PM

@firefly - good for you! You thought thru my comments, drew your own conclusions for what is best for you, made a decision based on your own specifics - all commendable. Why is it also necessary to degrade the comments by saying they're ridiculous? If the comments were never made, would you have thought about it? If what I have read on this board is true, and I've not seen evidence of it, yet, to learn and gather information, why then when things are shared, the poster also has to endure a personal reference, ie: 'that's ridiculous, offensive, laughable... I am just as guilty and making this reference to encourage others to think about it.

#88 Gamawh

Gamawh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:13 PM

@notgoodenough - the feeling is mutual, I would not want you for a DIL! Thankfully I do not have to define my happiness by your definition.

#89 Gamawh

Gamawh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

@daisyleigh, sincerely, I believe you are respectful when you deem respect appropriate. Given the spirit of this board, at what point did I give you the impression I, personally, deserve your respect? My reference to you being disrespectful is no more than my observation. Honestly, this forum to me is a faceless, nameless debate. If you need to fire your crap at me to get the full benefit of what you are here for... Bring it, girly....... oh, I'm sure you want the last word.... uh.. now...GO!

#90 MILof3

MILof3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:43 PM

O.M.G...be nice.

#91 Gamawh

Gamawh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

*giggle* yes, ma'am. Please read your Private Mmsg's, Ms. MILof3...thanks.

#92 firefly1970

firefly1970

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:18 PM

I see I left "patronizing" off my list.

#93 daisyleigh

daisyleigh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:21 PM

Um...I apologized for the use of profanity. I have nothing else to apologize for. And...I am hardly a child. I am nearly 43, have lived on my own since I was 18, been married since I was 23, have managed to have a decent marriage, three children, two of whom have special needs. I am an adult, and am treated as such by my mom and my MIL. I have basically NO MIL issues. My issues have been with a couple of my husband's sisters. You are the one who is belittling and acting like you are some expert just because you are older. As I have said, older does not mean wiser. It just means you were born earlier than I was. I have known very young people who were wise, and old people who were foolish. I sincerely hope that you get some help. Because you seem to be awfully unhappy. None of us has "arrived"...you included Dear. I listen to older and younger folks, along with folks in my age group. Everyone has something to contribute. For you to simply write younger ladies off, really shows just how unwise you are. Again, to the rest of the ladies here, For the profanity, I apologize. But I refuse to cowtow and apologize for what I believe. I stand by my opinions and views. Feel free to disagree.

#94 OliveJuice

OliveJuice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:51 PM

"Bring it, girly....... oh, I'm sure you want the last word.... uh.. now...GO!" Gamawh - such maturity you display here. I realize you think you are simply facilitating discussion but what you're really doing is flaming every response to your posts in some way. The terms "girly" and "child" only serve to demean another whom you know nothing about. That's not discussion, that's taunting. And it's disgusting.

#95 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

Whew!! OP, I really do hope you decide to stick around!

#96 Memame

Memame

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

Sorry, OP, I don't do PMs.

#97 Gamawh

Gamawh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

MeMame, are you also MILof3?

#98 Gamawh

Gamawh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:02 PM

What in the name of Pam does that mean? Read more: http://www.grandpare...8#ixzz13z4iaK61 In the PM I asked MILof3 what "In the name of Pam does that mean?" I sent that question in a PM because I haven't sent any and was curious how the notification works on this board for receiving PMs. I think I'd prefer to do it like you, tho - just not do PM's at all... thanks!

#99 bogey

bogey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:34 PM

How silly and tiresome, not to mention pointless, this has become. OP, back to your home under the bridge, and be kind enough to take your meds on the way there. The rest of you, back to life as it was on Friday...or whenever it was before this silliness started.

#100 Gamawh

Gamawh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:24 PM

Bogey, your choice is and will always be not to read or post!