#1 footballmom

footballmom

FBM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5238 posts
  • Locationmiddle TN

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

I just saw that and thought it deserved a thread of it's very own. Congrats, Dilly that is so great !!! I wanted more after YDS, but it was not to be. Now tell us HOW are you going to do 6 kids ? Hugs and more Hugs

#2 SueSTx

SueSTx

• Moderators
  • 7122 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

The good Lard definately DOES have a sence of humor... Congratulations

#3 mrsslant

mrsslant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2188 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

That is really exciting! Congratulations Dilly!

#4 jaci

jaci

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2315 posts
  • Locationmountains

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

Wow! FBM, I have a feeling she's going to do great with 6 kids. At least, she'll have a lot of help. I betcha those 2 girls are going to love being big sister and helping to care for a baby. Congratuations, Dilly! I will be excited when second son and his new wife has a baby. I just know she will be an awesome mother and I know he'll be a great daddy! (but I do hope they'll wait a while)

#5 rosered135

rosered135

• Moderators
  • 14281 posts
  • LocationNortheast, U.S.

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:17 AM

Congrats Dilly!

#6 Weesheart75

Weesheart75

aka Wees

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3138 posts
  • LocationDeep South, USA

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

Oh Dilly, bless your heart (in the sincere way). Congratulations on your new addition. God does have a sense of humour but you know what, He also has blessed you and your family. Here's to a wonderful 9 months with no complications and to a new bundle of joy at the end!! P.S. I bet those little Jills are going to be such great big sisters and little Jacks great big brothers! :)

#7 dilly1

dilly1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

Thanks- YES- I'm pregnant- second time in my life- and we'll have 6 children. YES God is laughing! YES you should use protection- even if you already have an appointment for Jack to be snipped after the girls adoption is finalized. Somehow sperm know nothing of an impending snip appointment! Jack and I are thrilled- my parents and sibs are over the moon (ahhh the baby has another baby). I've had amnio and baby Jilline is perfect - she's 19 weeks along. As soon as I look pregnant we'll tell the children- couple more weeks if we're lucky. Marabelle is so excited (a bit because she'll soon work for us 5 days a week and my parents will get someone else- my Dad annoys the salt out of her sometimes) but mostly because she loves us and our children. We renovated our home 20 years ago- we can't squeeze any more rooms from the space- we're not moving- we'll have a boys room and a girls room (like we currently have) and a play room- Jilline will have a crib in my office until she's old enough to room with the other sweet Jills. My new car has 9 seat belts and that will have to work- when Jack drives/rides with my parents we'll have to rent a van. Jack's contracting for additional seat belts for his various *big boy toys* (amazing what can be done). I'm still in shock- last summer I was raising triplet boys in elementary school- within a year we'll have added 3 girls- as someone said yesterday *holy schneikies* BE CAREFUL (use protection) when you wrestle naked!

#8 safielstar

safielstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

Congrats Dilly!

#9 Weesheart75

Weesheart75

aka Wees

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3138 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

BTW Dilly, I know this is personal and I'm just being nosy, so if you don't want to answer I understand, but are the Little Jacks identical or fraternal triplets? I know its rare for triplets or more to be identical but hey it does happen.

#10 missmm

missmm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1558 posts
  • LocationMid Atlantic

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

How exciting Dilly! Isn't it amazing that love grows with each child. Hope all goes well with this pregancy. You will be such a buzy lady!

#11 footballmom

footballmom

FBM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5238 posts
  • Locationmiddle TN

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

Just trying to think....how many loads of laundry a day would it take to keep up with 6 children? Just baths alone would be one load of towels in a super size washer/dryer. Dilly, you have many very exciting years ahead of you. This is where footballdad would say "gee,I have got to get to work" !!!

#12 threelittleones

threelittleones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:52 AM

wow congrats Dilly. 3 girls, 3 boys-perfect!! I hope this helps the jills know how perfectly they fit into their new family. Thank goodness the older kids are all in school too!! I wonder if this pregnancy will be physically easier having one vs 3 in there...hope so!!

#13 SarahMB

SarahMB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1705 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

Oh, wow! Congratulations!

#14 Eowyn

Eowyn

Equality is Adorable

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • LocationMid-Atlantic

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

Congratulations Dilly and your entire-- growing!!!!!--- family!!!

#15 britomart

britomart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2645 posts
  • LocationSouthern Cali

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

Congrats Dilly!!

#16 dilly1

dilly1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

We made a quick trip to Indiana yesterday after church- it was wonderful- we took the boys and my parents. The girls had fun with their Grandmother (my Aunt) and were elated to play dolls without the boys! The boys received *Giants* sleepers as a surprise for the ride home- they slept cozy in car/plane/car and were happy this morning. OK- I know we shouldn't keep them up on a school night- we all had a great time. Nobody need tell me this is a *first world problem* because all of my problems are just that- we are all so lucky to live in America. I have a question about MEME2008 and Weesheart75 posts. Now I am serious as a heart attack when I ask- I've wondered this for years and have nobody to ask. Really-would I ask my Mom? NO- NO- NO! We often read in *women's magazines* and books about men and women's different/diminishing sex drives. We are told (or it's implied) we women are the problem when men *look elsewhere* and have an affair. Blablabla- OK here's the question-----Why do I have just as much interest in Jack as ever? Why do we *wrestle naked* as often as we can? I still find Jack incredibly sexy and honestly can't get enough of him at 43. SO, what happens sometimes to upend those feelings- everybody must feel that way in the beginning? So why is *wrestling naked* not a priority?

#17 Weesheart75

Weesheart75

aka Wees

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3138 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

Wow Dilly, you really went broad spectrum here LOL! Ok, here's a good try of answering your question(s). First physically (of why "wrestling nekid" isn't made a priority)...most men start to lose testosterone around the age of 40+. Most women start their "peak" around 30-35+. Physical health can affect both genders. High blood pressure, being out of shape, heart problems, depression, medications taken for these ailments can also be a factor plus so many more things not mentioned here. There may just not be any "interest" or plain ole just being incapable because of these things. Emotionally...it sounds as if you and Jack do a wonderful job of making the other more important than your own selves. When one tends to be more selfish and unthoughtful of the other, then it robs the one who gives the most, of thoughtful actions/feelings to the other. They don't feel important enough so why give the most vulnerable, intimate part of yourself to someone who doesn't appreciate it?! One has resentment, so puts up a wall, the other cannot break the wall down without giving of themselves freely and unselfishly, therefore puts up a wall of their own, which leads to resentment on the first persons part also...etc., etc. You get the point. Life gets in the way and intimacy is no longer a priority because there is nothing left to give, then affects on the physical level. Most women need to feel loved (outside of sex) before intimacy can happen, most men feel that level of intimacy is accomplished by/during sex. Then you have some who just enjoy the physical act but never really experience the intimacy that should go along with it, so it ends up being the "no strings attached" kind. Spiritual level....this is where it gets really controversial and I know that some may not agree, but for those who do believe in God (and how He intended intimacy to be between two people) probably have some sense of what I'm talking about. This is where the "two become one" comes into play. And this probably explains why you and Jack are still/and more so "into" each other even after all of these years. When "wrestling nekid" (btw I love that term) happens, you connect on a physical, emotional, and spiritual level. You allow yourself and your partner the kind of pleasure and vulnerability that no one else ever gets to witness. The more that you can be free to do that with your spouse the "closer" you become with each other. The closer you WANT to be with each other. It doesn't become just a priority anymore, but something that both of you NEED from and WANT to give to each other. You become "spiritually tied" to each other. You give of yourself unselfishly and your partner is more willing to give unselfishly also. I know this is very analytical but I hope it helps answer your question! :)

#18 Eowyn

Eowyn

Equality is Adorable

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3702 posts
  • LocationMid-Atlantic

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

In my opinion it is all about getting into the right "role" in the marriage...and when you are in the wrong "role" then....wrestling...doesn't appeal as much. For example, Faramir has recently been fighting a really nasty cold. So I've been making soup and tea and keeping him in bed with books and snuggles and nyquil. I am in a nurturing role. It wouldn't occur to me to 'wrestle' with someone I'm feeling nurturing towards, because I currently have my 'nurse' hat on. When we've been out hiking all day and come home to slow-cooker soup and the puppy falls asleep on the floor at our feet.....or when we have friends over all night and the house is ringing with laughter and the wine is flowing....then I am in my Wife/Partner/Lover role and of COURSE I want to get to the wrestling part of the day. I think people get "stuck" in one of the "wrong" roles for wrestling and never quite snap out of it...the wife that feels like she's "the help" and so doesn't feel sexy because she's been cleaning all day....or the Dutiful Mother who forgets that she's also a wife...or the husband who is always a child who needs his wife to fetch and carry and pick up and organize for him...how do you feel wife/partner/lover with someone like that?

#19 WhichWayU

WhichWayU

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2624 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

Congrats to you...and jack and the triplets and the girls!

#20 LuckyMama

LuckyMama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

Congratulations!!! Your newest LO is very lucky to be coming into a family full of love.