#1 Nana-April

Nana-April

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSouthEast US

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

I thought I was going to wake up to clouds and rain, guess what? It is beautiful outside. I live in the New Orleans area right now this AM it is 65 with beautiful blue sky and sunshine. Just checked weather for today highs will be 72. Absolutely fabulous, I must say I love it... :yahoo: 

For February this is great, " Oh happy Day!" :D

So tell me friends, what is your weather today?

#2 SueSTx

SueSTx

• Moderators
  • 6961 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Yes, april we have been having beautiful weather also.

Please, since you have given us your general location, now is the time to change your user name.  GP.com cautions members against using their email addresses as a user name.

Step 1: Click your screen name at  the top right hand corner of your screen 
Step 2: Click My Settings
Step 3: Click ""Display Name"" in the menu
Step 4: Change your display name

Also, please let a moderator or administrator know so that we don't think you're trying to keep 2 IDs going, at once.

What if you find you have a problem changing your username? Then please contact help@grandparents.com.

Delighted to have you here at GP.com and just trying to make your experience here as pleasant and comfortable as possible, in the long run.

#3 Nana-April

Nana-April

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSouthEast US

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Yes thank you for that I have been trying over and over to change my user name but ti won't let me it says invalid password. So I changed my password, same thing, I emailed help they told me same directions, still it won't let me. Can I just delete this account and then start over with a new username?, thanks

#4 SueSTx

SueSTx

• Moderators
  • 6961 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

April, sorry I just don't know the answer for you. I will try to get an answer for you though.

#5 SueSTx

SueSTx

• Moderators
  • 6961 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

I have an answer for you from

GPstaff

Hi,

I've notified the tech team of the issues users have been having with changing their display names. I tried it myself on a separate account and received the same "incorrect password" message. I even signed out and signed in again with my password to make sure I wasn't crazy.

For April and anyone else who's having this problem, I can manually change their display name myself from the backend. They will receive an email notifying them of this. They can message me the preferred username.

April, if you need me to, just PM me with your new user name choice and I can have it changed for you.

#6 Nana-April

Nana-April

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSouthEast US

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Thank you so much, I just PM you.

#7 SueSTx

SueSTx

• Moderators
  • 6961 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Thanks, I sent your PM on the  GPstaffer who will be more than glad to change your name.  It might take her a while to get to it though.  She seems to be really busy this week.

#8 Nana-April

Nana-April

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSouthEast US

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Thanks Sue, it has now been changed. Shannon from support resolved the issue. I am official now, :clapping:

#9 SueSTx

SueSTx

• Moderators
  • 6961 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Good deal. 

#10 Arlydia

Arlydia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBoston , ma

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

Hello I live in Boston Ma, the weather here is 40 degrees. It's winter here and we are still getting snow. Spring is around the corner. Smiling.

#11 Arlydia

Arlydia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBoston , ma

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Boston -April,

One of these days I will visit NO. And when I do it will be a dream come true. For now I'm paying down CC(charge cards) from Christmas. This is the time it's about me now! !.

#12 AuntSue

AuntSue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City Utah

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

Salt Lake City has had lovely weather this week, a record 72. Finally all the big dirty piles of snow are melted. The first crocus are blooming, and the hyacinths and tulips are coming up. Rain and 48 tomorrow, much more normal.

#13 homeygfunk

homeygfunk

• Moderators
  • 1416 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

still cold here -- electric power went out today so it was colder inside that outside -- back on now, my daughter called me and told me that someone hit a transformer and the whole township had a 2 hour delay for school -- glad she called me and told me what happened while it was going on -- I thought when I woke up in total darkness that I had gone blind in my sleep, lucky for me I bought a flashlight for just this purpose long ago because candles make me think I am going to start a fire. anybody know what the groundhog said on Feb 2 about when spring would get here?

#14 critter21

critter21

• Moderators
  • 1266 posts
  • LocationMid-west USA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

I think he said it would be early spring, boy was he wrong we got snow yesterday on first day of Spring.

#15 Arabella

Arabella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

New powder, very gorgeous, good for skiing  :)

#16 SueSTx

SueSTx

• Moderators
  • 6961 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

I drove 500 miles south to visit my Mother.  Spring is 'there' anyway.  The bluebonnets were blooming.  Early morning temps were in the 40's and 50's instead of the 30's.