• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indymemaw

Tomato Pie

6 posts in this topic

A sweet grandparents.com friend mentioned she was planting her tomatoes and in discussing my love for home grown tomatoes, I mentioned tomato pie. I hope some of you enjoy the pie come July or so--my rating is--Delish! Here's the recipe plus a link to a song to enjoy until you can pick that 1st tomato, dear friend!

Fresh Tomato Pie 1 - 9 inch pie crust, unbaked 2 cups shredded mozzarella (or Italian) cheese 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese 2 teaspoons dried basil (can use fresh if available) or Italian seasoning mix 3-4 medium tomatoes, peeled and sliced 1 tablespoon olive oil Salt to taste (fresh ground black pepper if desired) Directions 1.\\tPreheat oven to 400 2.\\tFit pie crust into 9 inch pie plate. Prick unbaked crust generously with a fork. Bake in preheated oven until very lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes. 3.\\tPlace shredded mozzarella in bottom of baked pie crust, top with parmesan and basil. 4.\\tLayer sliced tomatoes on top of cheese/basil layer. 5.\\tDrizzle top of tomatoes with olive oil, top with black pepper and salt to taste. 6.\\tBake pie in preheated oven 25-30 minutes. Let pie cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.

Absolutely delicious everyone loved it.

Do you use green tomatoes or ripe ones. Sounds delicious...

I used ripe tomatoes--hadn't even thought about green! Sounds like a good idea--I like those too--there aren't too many tomatoes I don't like! I don't know if I ever added this--I'm vegetarian and I don't mind it not having meat but so many people seem to like to add pepperoni to this--I haven't tasted it--but to them it's wonderfull so I want to pass that along.

Sounds delicious. Will certainly give it a try. I'm assuming the tomatoes are ripe???

Yes! I hope yours are getting ripe--a couple-three weeks for ours--yum--enjoy!