• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
homeygfunk

Veterans Day

8 posts in this topic

If you know any veterans please reach out to them  and thank them for their service. Also let them know about the many restaurants out there serving a free meal to veterans on this day and give them a ride if they need one to get there.

1 person likes this

bump

bump

Definitely know some veterans, including DH. Thanks for this, homey!

You are welcome.

1 person likes this

Although I know a few Veterans it has never been much of a celebration for us. Last year 2015 the elementary school that two of my grand daughters were attending held their annual Veterans day event. The girls invited DH (Pop) to attend. DH and I both went and I was so amazed by the whole thing. First the kids were able to have breakfast with their Veteran, then the Veterans were asked to line up by branch of military. The Veterans were then lead into the Gym where the choir sang patriotic songs, the Veteran's were presented with a spacial thank you from the school/students, then they had the Veterans line up again and they had a parade through the halls of the school. The students were all sitting along the halls waving flags, cheering and giving high fives to the Veterans. It was so exciting to see!! 

This year, One of our grand-daughters is having a school program for Veterans and she has 2 speaking parts. So we will be attending that on the 10th, then on Veterans day we will return to the elementary school were one of our grand daughters still attends and the older grand daughter who moved up to Jr High is also having a Veterans day event which we will also be attending. We are just a little concerned about how we can do all these events every year. lol We have another grand daughter starting school next year. At least there is a 5 year gap before the last 3 grand daughters start school. We are so so blessed. 

Thank you to any Veteran's who may read this post. Your service is very appreciated!!

1 person likes this

What a wonderful way to celebrate Veteran's Day.

bump