• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
homeygfunk

Memorial Day

16 posts in this topic

What are your plans for this holiday? There will be a BBQ with my daughter for me.

We're just all taking it easy tomorrow. YDD went to a BBQ yesterday and she and the kids went to one today. They also went to the beach w/ ODD and SIL, while I hung out at my pool club and DH went fishing. Tomorrow, I might spend some time at the pool again, but may just relax at home (w/ ac on if it's hot).

Hope you have a good time at the BBQ, homey!

Thanks. Had a very relaxing holiday.

1 person likes this

Cool, homey!

bump

Hanging out at my pool club tomorrow if weather permits. DH is going fishing w/ a buddy, and YDD is taking the kids to an event, so I'll have most of the day all to myself. Sunday I may do the pool again, and then DH and I are going out to eat. Monday BBQ at ODD's and SIL's. Should be a lovely weekend for us. Hope everyone else has a good weekend, too. :)

Sounds good, Rose. Enjoy your weekend.

1 person likes this

No plans, but the weekend began with being asked to help out with a task which resulted in me getting to drive an old car! And that alone was so much fun! And then since things took longer than anticipated and I got to drive a pick up truck with a sticker on the back window that said something .. dirty?  And I got to drive it home and keep it for the night! So much fun! Once home gardened some, threw together a big salad and ate dinner then started watching some docs with the guys.

We don't have it here. We had Victoria Day last wknd, though.

I need this 3 day weekend! The sub job I've been working was supposed to be 2-3 weeks....in February. And I'm still here. And very tired. However, I am going to DS' for the #3 grand girlie's dance recital tomorrow. Sunday my sister is having a pool party/BBQ...Monday is all about me.

Weather is going to be iffy all weekend in my area.  Church is having a indoor flea market/bake sale on Saturday.   I get up early on Saturday and get the grocery shopping done. Oldest working so just me and the youngest.  Gym has family swim on Sundays from 1-4, so we will go there.  Happy to have an extra day off.  Best Wishes for a nice holiday weekend for everyone.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, ImpishMom said:

We don't have it here. We had Victoria Day last wknd, though.

Hope you had a good time, Imp!

4 minutes ago, RoseRed135 said:

Hope you had a good time, Imp!

Yep, we just relaxed. always a good thing

1 person likes this

Sounds good, everyone. Anyone else?

Spent most of yesterday in the yard, finishing up planting and I'm just about finished with most of it but the yard looks nice- Hung up the flag and cooked dinner- Today cooked breakfast and sat outside, went and saw kids for a bit, then off to a few parks to take in nature, saw a bunch of snakes and frogs, lots of forgetmenot and phlox- Drove into and through a storm on the way home-

Sounds like you had a busy and productive day.