• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

How do your kids/GC feel about your hobby?

11 posts in this topic

Do any of your kids (adult or not) or GC share your pet passion? Have any of them even shown an interest in it? Or do they tend to brush it off as "boring" or "silly?" Or... ??

I made flower arrangements, so many for each season I have run out of space. They don't really mention them.

I made all the GCH and my DD a quilt  out of Deanna's clothes, and they LOVED them. One GDD didn't get hers because my DD has cut ties with us, so now it's ours.

She's the one with Deanna as a middle name it's such a shame she didn't get hers. Especially with her always bragging about Deanna as her middle name.

1 person likes this

Hold on to the quilt until she is grown.  You never know, she might get in touch then and love the quilt more for the absence.

1 person likes this

The older GK remember the last jammies I made....all want more and I may have time this year to actually make them again.

2 people like this

I do wood carving (by Hand) and DH is a woodworker, we make alot of things for Christmas, especially ornaments... The kid likes the lathe, but find my stuff pretty borning as it is time and labor intensive and he has no patience... but right now is the time of year when the kid really appreciates it, see photo, this was last years creation... one of many :) ... We are no way as good as the people on TV- but we have a TON of fun with it!!!

Pumpkin.jpg

Edited by Tobias41
2 people like this

I'd love to learn woodworking! Its on my bucket list. My dad was a talented woodworker as are several of my cousins...DS is a tool head with the love of wood, we'll see what happens when he actually has the time to get involved.

I'm minding 3 of the GK Thurs-Sun this week...we're going to paint pumpkins as one of our projects.

Your pumpkin looks totally awesome! Post this year's pix too please.

1 person likes this

Except for cake decorating, I am not all that crafty.  Yoga is definitely my passion, and my kids probably get a little tired of me telling them to take a few deep breaths to calm their minds or suggesting they do some balancing poses to reset their brain during a study break, etc.  All 3 kids have done yoga with me, especially ODD as she likes it and does a bit of it in college.  My son even surprised me one time and agreed to do a yoga session in studio with me, which I loved.  I am passionate about what yoga can do for you mentally, spiritually and physically, and I want to at least introduce that to my kids.  My DH usually practices yoga with me once a week, which is good too.  I am sure it is a huge sacrifice for him to practice in studio with 25 other women...lol!

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, Mame925 said:

I'd love to learn woodworking! Its on my bucket list. My dad was a talented woodworker as are several of my cousins...DS is a tool head with the love of wood, we'll see what happens when he actually has the time to get involved.

DH and I took a class from a local wood working store to get started, I think we carved a spoon :). It really is therapuetic. 

Thank you for the compliment, I was especially happy with that one! I will definitely have some photos this year and will post them :) that is if we do not get epic failures! (smashed in face) which happens alot!

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:47 AM, SueSTx said:

Hold on to the quilt until she is grown.  You never know, she might get in touch then and love the quilt more for the absence.

For now I told my GS, my deceased daughters son, if/when we die he can do with it what he wants it's his.

Welcome again new member.  Please check for a PM.

A post in this thread has been hidden by GP.com due to concerns about the account involved.

Edited by RoseRed135