• Announcements

• LaToyaADMIN

Tell us about your experience with signing up for Medicare   01/23/18

We want to know what the process was like for you, any difficulties you experienced, the length of your process, etc. This is strictly research and any information you share with us will not be shared elsewhere. Please email jack@grandparents.com with the subject line: Medicare Process and we'll be in touch with specific questions.
    • LaToyaADMIN

PLEASE READ: We are moving the community   02/15/18

Dear Community friends and family,   After great consideration, we are moving the Grandparents.com community to Facebook Groups effective March 15, 2018.   This wasn’t an easy decision, but we want to bring our communities together and believe the best place to do so is through Facebook’s groups feature. We’re so appreciative of you and the diverse conversations and opinions you have provided over the past 9 years. Your stories and amazing advice have helped so many readers, and have reached thousands of GP.com users. We encourage you to retrieve any information you want to retain as the forum will only be accessible by the admin after March 15, 2018. We’ve created a closed Facebook group called Mothers-in-Law Unplugged where we welcome you to continue the conversations around grandparenting, family, and in-law relationships, and any general topics we discuss here. As the group is closed and each user must be approved, your friends and family on Facebook won’t see any of your activity. Request to join the group here: http://bit.ly/milunplugged Thank you to all of our past and current users. You helped build our community, and we look forward to continuing to interact with you in the Facebook groups. If you have any questions about the groups and privacy, let’s chat about here:   Sincerely,   The Grandparents.com Team
RoseRed135

Attitude of Gratitude?

8 posts in this topic

Do you find that approaching each day w/ an "attitude of gratitude" helps to lift your mood, however low it might be? Or do you need to be feeling positive in the first place in order to have a thankful attitude?

1 person likes this

Good question! The first thing I do when I wake is look out the window and feel grateful regardless of mood / issues- I've been doing this daily for the past decade- There's so much to be grateful for-

1 person likes this

I think, regardless of what we are going through, things can always be worse. I work in a hospital and what I see is heartbreaking. In a heartbeat it could be me and I am grateful every day for what and who I have in my life.

Sometimes it's difficult but we have to try our best to see whatever good we cdan find in a situation. If we don't laugh we are gonna cry!!!!

I refuse to feel sorry for myself. It would be so easy to get down in my grief a wallow like a hot mess....Moving forward is the only way to go

1 person likes this

I'm like Theresa. I like to look out the window and see the mountains and hear the birds and feel the wonder of that each day, no matter where I am.

Enjoying these posts, ladies! Basically, I have the same attitude. In fact, it may sound trite, but I find that counting my blessings - whether nature's beauty or the time I get to spend w/ my grands, etc. -  really does lift my spirits if ever I'm feeling down.  (But I realize there may be those who don't feel the same way.)

Without question! "If you are grateful for what you have you will always have more than you need". 

You can choose your focus and your energy....and it definitively helps battle depression for me.

MJ

17 hours ago, grandtoGREAT said:

Without question! "If you are grateful for what you have you will always have more than you need". 

You can choose your focus and your energy....and it definitively helps battle depression for me.

MJ

IMO, you have beautiful attitude!

However, we generally ask members not to post in threads that are more than 3 months old, unless they're the OP (original poster) or it's a "stickypost"/ thread pinned (thumb tack icon) to the front of the forum. This thread is over a year old. For this reason, I'm going to lock it down and open a new one on the same topic here in this forum. Also, I'll copy and pasted your post there.

Here's the new thread:

Edited by RoseRed135
1 person likes this