• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

Gifts for your hobby

7 posts in this topic

Here comes December w/ its gift-giving holidays! Do you enjoy receiving gifts related to your hobbies/passions? Or do you find you prefer to buy hobby-related items yourself?

In my family gifts for your hobby or passion are a definite YES. We do give gifts of hobby passes and lessons.

For example, we gave ski season passes for Halloween gifts. On to skis, boots, ski attire as "possibly somebody needs" gifts. Little Christmas gifts - warmers, socks, hats, long underwears, helmets, boot driers, balaclavas, goggles. eta: I found 20 boxes of 10 warmers and tons of socks, DH bought 90% discount last spring. Perfect gifts.

If somebody bought me a cross-stitch kit or a sewing machine I think I would just about kiss them.

1 person likes this

I love those types of gifts as I do a LOT of crafting for personal use, gifts and for profit. In fact this year I have made purses, infinity scarves, star wars amigurumi (not fun to make but son requested :\), coptic journals and various other projects for Christmas gifts and I typically just use what's already in my stash and then think of ideas based on that. My favorite gifts are things to do with crafting. No one else in my family does crafting except my husband's grandmother (wonderful woman), and she really loves when I make her things that she finds useful, she's started to make requests lol. She and my father-in-law are my favorite people to make things for because they are both really down to earth and appreciative of those types of things. It can be a bit of a challenge always thinking of ideas for father-in-law though. So back to the question, yes I would love gifts for my hobby as almost anything could be used for a project eventually. The only things I DO hoard is crafting tools and goods.

A good friend recently gave me some old embroidery kits that belonged to her mother. (Her mother recently moved from her own home to a lodge/assisted living, so she had to downsize.) I am in seventh heaven.

If my friend gave me her makeup kit I would just give her a hug. 

1 person likes this