• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

Do you suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder?

31 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SueSTx said:

We would love rain, rain and more rain.  Two days in the last week, we have had wildfires in the Texas panhandle, burning hundreds of thousands of acres, killing livestock and people. 

We are praying for rain.  Our single digit humidity along with 50 mph winds fueling wildfires are as destructive as are floods.

Come get some of mine....there is only a tiny area of drought left in California (Santa Barbara)....everything else is soaked 

6 hours ago, SueSTx said:

We would love rain, rain and more rain.  Two days in the last week, we have had wildfires in the Texas panhandle, burning hundreds of thousands of acres, killing livestock and people. 

We are praying for rain.  Our single digit humidity along with 50 mph winds fueling wildfires are as destructive as are floods.

Good Lord, Sue- I had no idea .. I didn't even see this in the news- (why?)  I recall you mentioning that last summer was pretty dry in the gardening thread- So sad about the loss of life, all of it- Here is a map: http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx  No idea how accurate it is- I do know that one year we had drought like conditions in this state but no mention of it in the news-

Well I hope you get some rain sooner than later ..

Posted (edited)

So far, this is all open country, there have been very few homes lost considering the states of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Colorado are all experiencing wildfires.

http://www.kpax.com/story/34687997/5-killed-in-texas-wildfires

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/deadly-wildfires-more-than-a-million-acres-burning-across-four-states-892465219886

Edited by SueSTx

I don't know anyone who lives in Oregon who didn't suffer this past winter from depression.  It was terrible and so so so much rain and gray. 

The sun is finally back and everyone feels better!

MJ

4 hours ago, grandtoGREAT said:

I don't know anyone who lives in Oregon who didn't suffer this past winter from depression.  It was terrible and so so so much rain and gray. 

The sun is finally back and everyone feels better!

MJ

Sorry it was such a depressing winter, MJ. Glad the sun is back, along w/ happier feelings!

We had one of the most mild winters I can remember in at least 40 years, and I was the bluest I have ever been.  The spring weather was iffy most weeks and my blues didn't disappear until I could sleep with the window open.

I hope this isn't a new trait of my "getting old".