• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

"Miracle" Foods?

14 posts in this topic

GP.com recently posted this article about "miracle" foods that are good for your health, etc.(some of them may surprise you): http://www.grandparents.com/health-and-wellbeing/diet-and-nutrition/super-foods

Are any of them among your favorites? Or do you have some other food item that you "swear by," as far as being healthy/making you feel good is concerned?

Edited by RoseRed135
typo

The only one on the list I like is dark chocolate.

For whatever reason, the link brings me to the page but sees only 1 image .. and won't allow me scroll because that's all it sees .. the image is of a plate with food around it .. what are the 5 foods?

Pickles, mussels, watercress, dark chocolate and pumpkin seeds. 

Really? A diet high in fresh fruits & vegetables along with quality protein that is lower in saturated fats and simple carbs is generally the way to go.

Thank you- I think they mean to eat those things in conjunction with a healthy diet, like what you describe, and that they have "special" properties that offer more of a boost- Lots of people believe it to be true of fermented foods -- including wine ..

Edited by Komorebi
typo

I used to swear by broccoli rabe .. but it's changed so much over the past 10 years, it's become bitter and the stems woody ..

It didn't make the list, but chocolate, specifically Sees Candy is my super food go to.  It really needs to be added to the food pyramid. 

3 hours ago, BSW said:

It didn't make the list, but chocolate, specifically Sees Candy is my super food go to.  It really needs to be added to the food pyramid. 

See's peanut brittle is my favorite candy ever.....my MGM worked at Bank of America World Headquarters in San Francisco for many years when See's was a local hidden treasure....she'd buy all her Easter candy there every year.

On 3/27/2016 at 6:05 AM, RoseRed135 said:

food item that you "swear by," as far as being healthy/making you feel good is concerned?

Celery

ETA: Mom said celery was a good food: vitamins, minerals, crunchy best snack, good sodium (vs bad), fiber for regularity, lowers some bad levels (?) in your system, easy to cook or eat raw.

Edited by JanelleK

7 hours ago, BSW said:

Okaayy... I'm wondering what the benefit is in these, ladies. Or is it just the benefit of pure enjoyment? :)

4 hours ago, Mame925 said:

See's peanut brittle is my favorite candy ever.....my MGM worked at Bank of America World Headquarters in San Francisco for many years when See's was a local hidden treasure....she'd buy all her Easter candy there every year.

1 hour ago, RoseRed135 said:

Okaayy... I'm wondering what the benefit is in these, ladies. Or is it just the benefit of pure enjoyment? :)

The endorphin rush of pure enjoyment....no other peanut brittle comes close. Order it online!

1 person likes this

This week..

Cliff Bar .. coconut chocolate chip ..

Fish and pico de gallo ..

Homemade chicken soup with crusty sourdough, spread with a mix of kerrygold and hot chinese mustard ..

Cucumber and dip made from sour cream, sunflower butter, agave nectar, white wine vinegar, salt, fresh horseradish and hint of smoked paprika ..

Even I love dark chocolates.