• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
donna538

Warm water salt pools and rash

5 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone else gets a rash and itching from warm water salt pools. I exercised in one over two years ago and stopped going because it just got worse. Well I had hip surgery and for the last two months I have been exercising on and off in their pool again. I would get a rash and itching stay out of the pool for several days or a week and when I got back in the pool it would start up again. I even tried only 2 days a week. I have been reading about sulfate as a by product of treatment of salt water pools and also that they could use sulfer in the treatment. Today I just remembered about the rash I had after taking a sulfa drug for a bladder infection and getting a rash all over my body. I was wondering if anyone that has had the rash and intolerable itching from therapy warm water saltwater pools know if they have a sulfa allergy? If so I would finally know what is causing this.

Sorry to hear that you had to have hip surgery, Donna, but I take it that, happily, it was successful and you're doing ok. Sorry also about your problem w/ the warm water salt pools. However, I have no experience w/ this, so have no info to give you. Hopefully, someone else does, though, of course nothing is a substitute for professional medical advice. Have you asked your doctor?

If the doctors could figure it out I would not have posted with this question. I am truly getting tired of paying to visit and doctor and they really don't do anything. Thank you for asking, I am doing well hip wise. As soon as all signs of the rashes are gone I am going to try one of those 7 day trials at a Gold's gym maybe.

I know you are tired of doctors, but have you talked to a dermatologist about the rash and itching? 

1 person likes this

It could definitely be a rash due to an additive, not at all uncommon.  Another question I would ask is: is the rash centered around hair follicles? If it is- it might be folliculitis which is common from warm therapy pools and more so from hot tubs that have not been treated properly.  We have a hottub that used Bromine instead of chlorine and I did not have luck with it, got folliculitis and had to go to a few doctors, I guess it normally looks like pimples but mine looked like a rash.  Since then I have change to chlorine, which I did not want to do, but have had 0 troubles since. 

1 person likes this