• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

Welcome!

5 posts in this topic

Welcome to Grandparenting From Afar (GFA)! Please feel free to vent, ask questions and/or share ideas about keeping up your long distance relationships w/ your adult sons/daughters and your grandchildren. We're here for you!

But before you post, please read the following GP.com thread in the Welcome forum:

Also, if you're a new member of this site, you may want to check out the following:

Or if you're a longtime member/returnee, you might want to look at:

To familiarize yourself w/ the rules/guidelines for this Community, please read the following thread here in GFA:

While it says "on this forum" in here ^^^, these rules are actually for the whole community - Forums, Blogs, Gallery, etc. In fact, you'll find a similar thread or the link to one pinned to every group.

Also, please note that these guidelines were originally posted in 2015. and updated/refined since then. As such, not all of them may necessarily be reflected in any threads you might read that are older than that. Nor do we mods go back and edit/delete posts in such old threads retroactively.

For a guide to acronyms and other Internet terms often use in this Community, go to this thread in MIL Anonymous:

And if you have any technical questions/questions about how this Community works, please feel free to ask them here:

http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/forum/41-member-questions/

But please understand that the Member Questions section ^^^ is not for personal advice.

Edited by RoseRed135
link

I'm a new member, these threads don't seem to be active, I don't see anything current... am I in the right place?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, TuTuLovesYou said:

I'm a new member, these threads don't seem to be active, I don't see anything current... am I in the right place?

Welcome, TutuLovesYou! Glad to have you aboard! The 2 threads you posted in are "stickyposts/" threads pinned to the front of a forum w/ a thumbtack icon - these can be posted in at any time.

My guess is you're a LDGP  (long distance grandparent) - Is that correct? Please let us know more about yourself and your situation....

Looking forward to hearing from you some more!  :)

ETA: If you look through the threads pinned to the front of this group, you'll see a few were posted in as recently as May or March. (You can see when the latest post in a thread was on the right.)  Perhaps you would be more comfortable posting in one of those? Please feel free...

Edited by RoseRed135

Thank you for reaching out to me RoseRed135. I have 2 granddaughters ages 4 years and 5 months old. It is very difficult being the long distance grandparent, as I know everyone here understands. I look forward to engaging conversations and emotional support through this community group. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, TuTuLovesYou said:

Thank you for reaching out to me RoseRed135. I have 2 granddaughters ages 4 years and 5 months old. It is very difficult being the long distance grandparent, as I know everyone here understands. I look forward to engaging conversations and emotional support through this community group. 

You're more than welcome TuTu!

Regarding the difficulty of being a LDGP, you might find it helpful to check out the following thread, if you haven't already (just click it on):