• Announcements

• LaToyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LaToyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

Problems with the Quote Option?

Question

Apparently, some members (including me, at one point) have been having difficulty w/ the Quote function. If you've run into any problems w/ it, please post about them here (as well as any solutions you may have found). If there's a technical glitch involved, hopefully, GP.com can fix it.

2 answers to this question

Hummm...I've had problems just trying to quote in the recent past.  I was able to quote tonight but not able to remove the entire quote box.

Amazing...now I clicked on the empty quote box and got a message to hold down the ctrl button and right click...a drop down box gave the option to remove the quote along with other options and ...puff...the quote box is gone.

I have never seen that before.

Edited by SueSTx
1 person likes this

Thanks Sue! I tried the method you described to see if it would work for me and it did. IOWs, I quoted a post (used one of my own), posted the quote, then went back in (as if I had changed my mind) and edited it out by using your method. It was gone in a second. Easy peasy. While there are other ways to remove a quote (backspacing, highlighting & deleting), this one seems to be the easiest. Glad you discovered it!

But one day, recently, people, I had the following problem: After quoting one post, when I went to quote another, the first quote  showed up, as well. When I tried to remove the extra quote by backspacing, both quotes disappeared. When I tried again, the extra quote popped up again... sigh... (I can't seem to highlight full quotes for whatever reason, so can't remove them that way.)

Finally, I was able to get rid of the extra quote by posting and then deleting the post. After that, when I posted w/ the new quote, nothing extra came up. But I was only able to post and delete b/c I'm a mod. If I were a regular member, I might have had to just post and leave the erroneous post on the board.

Perhaps Sue's method would have removed the extra quote for good, w/o my having to post & delete or anything else. But IDK, of course.

According to some comments in Grannygreensmith's thread in GU, there are other member who have had similar tech issues lately. Hopefully, it won't happen again or, if it does, Sue's technique will solve the problem.