• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
Debs53

Mammograms

5 posts in this topic

I was just reading on another site about the new proposed guidelines for mammograms.

I was a mammography technologist and in charge of our mammography program for over 30 years until I retired.  October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.

Ladies, if you're 40 or over, please get your mammogram done!  I know it's not comfortable, and can even downright hurt.  But it's over quick and the feeling of knowing all is good more than makes up for the time spent being squished!

If its a cost issue, there are many programs out there to help pay for one.

Do yourself a favor and get yourself squished!

6 people like this

I treat myself to a pretty pink bra and a couple pairs of matching undies, right after my appointment, every year. This was my first year with the new machine/type, still hurts like fury.  :(

If I know our daughters are getting squished I give them a VS card. Treats work.

6 people like this

Good for you!

When the digital mammograms came out, (instead of using film), so many patients were excited, thinking that they would no longer have to get squeezed (proper term is compressed/compression).  We had a lot of disappointed ladies.

But in the years that I did mammos, it is totally amazing at the advances made in the field.

On 10/18/2016 at 8:00 PM, Debs53 said:

I was just reading on another site about the new proposed guidelines for mammograms.

I was a mammography technologist and in charge of our mammography program for over 30 years until I retired.  October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.

Ladies, if you're 40 or over, please get your mammogram done!  I know it's not comfortable, and can even downright hurt.  But it's over quick and the feeling of knowing all is good more than makes up for the time spent being squished!

If its a cost issue, there are many programs out there to help pay for one.

Do yourself a favor and get yourself squished!

I second this.  Get your mammograms ladies.  Early detection can save your lives!

2 people like this

Done last month....all is well. Gyn appt next week....ho-hum....