• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

Healthy eating during Thanksgiving and the December holidays?

6 posts in this topic

It can be hard to stick to a diet/healthy eating during holidays. Especially those that often entail big meals, such as T'giving and Christmas. How do you manage to enjoy such celebrations and still watch what you eat? Or do you make an exception for those events? Or ??

Edited by RoseRed135

Few exceptions, but nothing huge-

Minor exceptions. Most of our holiday meals include green salads. I would rather have stuffing & sweet potatoes, so skip mashed potatoes and the ubiquitous green bean casserole. I may skip the pie after dinner to save for breakfast....my favorite.

On 11/2/2016 at 9:37 AM, RoseRed135 said:

It can be hard to stick to a diet/healthy eating during holidays. Especially those that often entail big meals, such as T'giving and Christmas. How do you manage to enjoy such celebrations and still watch what you eat? Or do you make an exception for those events? Or ??

We have turkey, vegan, fish, yams, dressing/gravy, vegetable sides/green salads, whole grain breads, pecan pie, maybe some sugar free sweets or fruits. I think the holidays get a undeservedly bad rap, we eat same things we eat regularly-healthily.

I gain/ lose the same 2 pounds several times in a year. This year I was ask by my Dr to gain 5-8 lbs, and now still have to get it back off. I'm 4 lbs high. We did have the 3 big boys with for a week until this morning, so were getting lots of extra exercise. I may not have to go into Thanksgiving at a bad weight. Regardless, I'll eat a little slice of turkey or fish, tiny teaspoons of the sides, a very big portion of undressed green salad, bread and a tiny bit yummy pasta/red sauce. Normal portion-control.

You know, we eat healthy all the time, we do Hellofresh 5 days a week, and then tend to splurge a just a little on the weekends. So we do not sweat the Holidays, Thanksgiving day we eat whatever we want and because we portion control normally with HelloFresh, we just can't eat a ton of food... But the rest of that week we still eat our normal HelloFresh box, since we will have an extra, that will be Saturday Nights meal. 

As I said on another board, we go to a really nice place for Thanksgiving dinner, the two things I love there are the prime rib, and the asparagus! Both of which, aren't so bad on thier own. The one thing we really splurge on is the Oysters rockafeller, which are made with hollandaise sauce, I dont know how much fat is in them, but it can't be good as they melt in your mouth...and anything that good comes with consequences!

1 person likes this

bump