• Announcements

• LaToyaADMIN

Tell us about your experience with signing up for Medicare   01/23/18

We want to know what the process was like for you, any difficulties you experienced, the length of your process, etc. This is strictly research and any information you share with us will not be shared elsewhere. Please email jack@grandparents.com with the subject line: Medicare Process and we'll be in touch with specific questions.
    • LaToyaADMIN

PLEASE READ: We are moving the community   02/15/18

Dear Community friends and family,   After great consideration, we are moving the Grandparents.com community to Facebook Groups effective March 15, 2018.   This wasn’t an easy decision, but we want to bring our communities together and believe the best place to do so is through Facebook’s groups feature. We’re so appreciative of you and the diverse conversations and opinions you have provided over the past 9 years. Your stories and amazing advice have helped so many readers, and have reached thousands of GP.com users. We encourage you to retrieve any information you want to retain as the forum will only be accessible by the admin after March 15, 2018. We’ve created a closed Facebook group called Mothers-in-Law Unplugged where we welcome you to continue the conversations around grandparenting, family, and in-law relationships, and any general topics we discuss here. As the group is closed and each user must be approved, your friends and family on Facebook won’t see any of your activity. Request to join the group here: http://bit.ly/milunplugged Thank you to all of our past and current users. You helped build our community, and we look forward to continuing to interact with you in the Facebook groups. If you have any questions about the groups and privacy, let’s chat about here:   Sincerely,   The Grandparents.com Team
RoseRed135

New Year's Resolutions, Anyone? (Question of the Month, January 2017)

15 posts in this topic

Putting this up a bit early b/c I'll be busy w/ my granddolls over the New Year weekend and might not get a chance. :) ...

Do you do New Year's Resolutions? Are you planning to make a new one for the coming year? Or maybe recycle an old one? Or ??

I'm not really a 'resolution' person, per se.

I'm just working towards the same goals as last year, for the most part. I've finished my first novel, so that goal of 2016 was met. I'm querying agents, so that goal carries over. Getting an agent, then a publisher is the goal for 2017, and completing my 2nd novel.

2 people like this

I'm trying to keep it simple this year.  Most times my resolutions fall to the wayside very quickly.  I read or heard someone instead of making a resolution pick a word that ou want to follow.  I'm going to try that.  My word for the year is going to be 'purge'.  It applies to so many thing.  To much stuff, toxic people, toxic behaviors, etc.  Hopefully I'll have more success than in the past.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Mdgrandma said:

I'm trying to keep it simple this year.  Most times my resolutions fall to the wayside very quickly.  I read or heard someone instead of making a resolution pick a word that ou want to follow.  I'm going to try that.  My word for the year is going to be 'purge'.  It applies to so many thing.  To much stuff, toxic people, toxic behaviors, etc.  Hopefully I'll have more success than in the past.

Have you read Marie Kondo's book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up? There is a 2nd book as well, Sparking Joy that I haven't read yet. She's a Japanese woman who turned her OCD issues into a very profitable consulting business, all about sorting & purging your stuff...I plan to integrate her ideas into my own purge.

2 people like this

I've put a hold on both books at my local library.  Thanks Mame.  I really need to get a handle on my house.

1 person likes this

Dieting from all the Holiday cakes and cookies, lol!! I start every year with good intentions....

2 people like this

I am going to pay better attention to my personal health issues and strongly encourage hubby to do the same thing.

3 people like this

bump

I'm considering a few things .. LMAO .. one of which is socking money away in a mason jar .. called the 52 week money saving challenge- You can google it- It sounds fun- A sort of "piggy bank" for an adult- Not to be confused with "cushion" savings or hidden nest eggs .. just a child like banking activity .. for the fun of it ..

Painting is another- Love to paint during the winter months when stuck indoors- My husband NEVER, EVER notices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He never, ever notices unless a room takes me days to do- Otherwise he is oblivious -- which strikes me funny- I do try to remove any trace what so ever of my painting activities befor he gets home from work- But does he notice the color of the walls has changed? No!!

Core strengthening .. is another ..

Edited by Komorebi

So... how are the resolutions going, so far, people?

Edited by RoseRed135

Meh .. lol .. :) 

1 person likes this

I don't do resolutions so much. I am contemplating One Word for this year. Also one Bible verse to inspire me. I have set goals, but in the past my goal to have my book published always ends up a pipe dream. This year may be the year to "get it done" My children give me lots of material. I am inspired by ImpishMom. Go girl!

6 hours ago, dlbrewer said:

I don't do resolutions so much. I am contemplating One Word for this year. Also one Bible verse to inspire me. I have set goals, but in the past my goal to have my book published always ends up a pipe dream. This year may be the year to "get it done" My children give me lots of material. I am inspired by ImpishMom. Go girl!

Glad you're finding inspiration here! Good luck w/ your book! :)

I've set fitness (not weight loss) goals this year as well as business goals to grow my little home biz 

2 people like this

@MirandaPanda - Welcome! Glad you decided to share your thoughts w/ us! Best of luck achieving your goals!