• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

Welcome Newcomers 2017! And Welcome Back Returnees!

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

P.S. Obviously, you have one post to your name already. If you would like some ideas on how to rack up the other 9, please click on this thread right here in Club Newcomer:

Edited by RoseRed135

Hi Everyone,

I'm really excited to have found this site. I am a happily married grandmother to 4 beautiful little ones, from our son and daughter, that live within 10 mins of me, but am finding myself "wanting" lately. Not sure what it is that I want, but just find myself down in the doldrums and feel like I need to give myself a good slap.

I won't bore you all with my stuff at the moment, but just thought having other Grandparents to chat to, might be a good thing for me.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Will555 - And I'm happy to meet you! Welcome!

Sounds like you have a lovely family! And how awesome that both your DS (dear son) or DD (dear daughter) live close by.

Sorry you're feeling blue and restless lately. But hope that participating in this community will help to lift your spirits.

If you'd like to talk about that "down in the doldrums" feeling, please check out the conversation threads in the forum called "50 Shades of Blue." If you're looking for more lighthearted fare, then I suggest Grandma's Pantry, Hobby Corner, the General Gabbery, and Book Club, to name a few. But, no doubt, some of the topics in our other groups will capture your attention, as well.

Not everyone here is a GP. But there are a lot of interesting people here, IMO, whether GPs, parents, etc.

Looking forward to talking w/ you some more! :)

Edited by RoseRed135

I've found myself deeper into the winter blues myself this year than usual.  I've even put on weight and there hasn't really been anything "new" happening in our family.  I think I'm just bored with the same ole same ole.

Hello, yes weight is a huge issue with me at the moment. Well, it has been for quite awhile now. I am trying very hard to change the way I am feeling and get out there and do something with my life, but I'm struggling with what that should be. 

Im also feeling a bit invisible at the moment. Feeling a bit taken for granted and under appreciated and I hate feeling like that. 

Well ive had my little pity party for today. Thanks for listening. It's good to have somewhere to talk about how I'm feeling. 

1 person likes this

Welcome Wil555...you will find a large crowd in that particular pity party. I have 9 grandkids (3 girlies, 6 boys) from my blended family,all within an hours' drive. 

1 hour ago, Will555 said:

Well ive had my little pity party for today. Thanks for listening. It's good to have somewhere to talk about how I'm feeling. 

Glad it helps to vent here, Will. Have all the "pity parties' you want - we're listening!

This is just a small, virtual flower, but hope it cheers you up a little :give_rose:

Hi, guys. I'm a late twenties mother of two who is trying to navigate the waters of a full CO from my own mother. I hope it is okay that I am here.

1 hour ago, raisingtinywomen said:

Hi, guys. I'm a late twenties mother of two who is trying to navigate the waters of a full CO from my own mother. I hope it is okay that I am here.

Happy to have you here @raisingtinywomen. Feel free to read through everything that interests you (but please don't post in threads more than 3 months old). When you have 10 posts you will be able to open a thread of your own. 

As well, I understand about difficult moms. I was VLC (very low contact) with mine for more than 2 decades. 

Never feel like you are alone with your issues....

1 person likes this

Welcome raisingtinywomen.

We have several members here who are LC or even no contact with their own Mothers.  Difficult people are not regulated to all be MILs.

2 people like this

@raisingtinywomen - It must be very painful to have to CO your own mom. My heart goes out to you! But as Mame and Sue have said, you are not alone.

Glad you decided to reach out to us! Welcome!