• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
SueSTx

Welcome new members posting as INCOGNITO

6 posts in this topic

Welcome...we always like to welcome new members.  I also want to let you all know that when you post as Anonymous, those posts do not count toward the ten post you must amass to open a thread of your own.

Here is some information that might help you do that.

Please, drop in to one of our ongoing conversations so we can say hello.

1 person likes this

Hi everyone,I'm a bit confused as to where to post as I've just joined and haven't worked it all out yet. I hope it's ok to kickstart here although I'm not sure if anyone will see it if they don't look at this area. 

I decided to join to see if there's anyone out there who could give me advice on my dilemma with my daughter-in-law. To cut a long story short,if she was the same age as me at school I have no doubt we would have been best friends. My son agrees with this and has told me since the start of their relationship she has said she thinks the world of me. In that respect I feel very fortunate considering the.  issues many people sadly have with in laws? Here is the dilemma! Her own mother has admitted she hates the fact we get on so well and is ultimately jealous of our amicable relationship. I never try to replace her mother and indeed I encourage their relationship despite the fact my daughter-in- law says she has an extremely controlling nature although she loves her and wants to make her happy. The next dilemma is the fact my daughter-in-law has been made to feel so guilty for liking me and treating me like a great friend,she has started to pull away and become more distant in order to appease her mother. It's so hurtful when I know this is not in dil nature and she actually hates herself for this behaviour. It's just making her unhappy and I can see that. Any advice would be appreciated as I'm not sure how to handle this. I want to have the relationship with my daughter-in-law we both want but her mother is trying to put a stop to it. I know it makes dil unhappy but she feels understandably loyal to her domineering mother and wants to keep her happy. (I've tried to become friends with her mother so we could all share our friendship together and interact but she's made it clear she doesn't want that) 

note to moderators: If you think this post is in the wrong area I would appreciate it if you could re-post it somewhere more appropriate. Thanks!

Edited by Olivia321
Added a note

Welcome Olivia, I'm on my out of the door but look around and post in any thread less than three months old or any that is "pinned" with a green thumb tack (those are meant to be on going).  All new members have to respond to ten posts before then can start their own threads.  If you have a DIL issue, those are usually discussed in the MILA forum.

Please be aware that there are both MILs and DILs on this site along with a few gentlemen.

There is a lot of helpful information here

Hi Olivia! What a frustrating problem you have! And certainly, very different from those we usually hear! No wonder you were having a hard time finding a place to post about it!

I'm not the Lead Moderator of this forum/the General Gabbery - Sue is. But I'm not "on my way out of the door" right now either. So I'm going to open a thread for your kind of IL issue in the MIL Anonymous forum. Please feel free to post your problem there:

ETA: But I see (below) that Sue has moved your post there for you. :)

Edited by RoseRed135

Thanks for taking care of that rose.

1 person likes this

It seems we are having some tech issues this morning.  I have had two posts "puff" and disappear.

Olivia, I copied/pasted your post over in the thread rose started in the MILA.  You can respond there and build up your post count so you can start a thread of your own.

Other new members, you post your thoughts here and we will be more than glad to help you find an appropriate place to post your issues.  I am going to "pin" this thread to keep it up at the top.

Welcome and please let us know if we can be of help to you.

1 person likes this