• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

Do you play an instrument?

5 posts in this topic

Do you play/have you ever played an instrument? Why or why not (or why did you stop)?

I played clarinet in elementary/middle school for 4 years....I learned to read music, which I feel like is almost like a second language. And I've been able to help the kids & GK with their music lessons over the year.

Edited by Mame925
1 person likes this

On 1/17/2017 at 1:33 AM, Mame925 said:

I played clarinet in elementary/middle school for 4 years... Cool! .I learned to read music, which I feel like is almost like a second language. Very true, IMO!  And I've been able to help the kids & GK with their music lessons over the year. Fabulous!

Speaking of the bolded sentence, people, do any of your kids or GC play an instrument or did they ever? Also, is there any instrument that seems to be "traditional" in your FOO or spouse' FOO? IOWs does someone in every generation seem to play the piano or whatever?

Son played tuba in middle school and was pretty good.  Daughter played clarinet.  Granddaughter plays the trombone like her Dad did.

I can play "I dropped my dolly in the dirt" on the piano.  (LOL)

DS took guitar lessons for a short period at about age 10, didn't stick with it. Then he tried piano, stuck with that for 2 years...now at nearly 37 he still reads music, can pick out a few things on piano, but plays a passable guitar! His older son, the #2 Gboy is interested in guitar, so we'll see if he decides on lessons.

#1 Gboy played clarinet for a couple of years, but changed schools this year and chose not to continue. A few years ago I bought keyboards for each household. No one is taking lessons yet, but its on more than one agenda. #3 Gboy is currently taking violin through a school program. We'll see where it all goes.

At 11 months #4 Gboy was with me one day when my friend, a public school music teacher was playing with him and singing to him....he copied her vocal sounds. Its was the coolest thing. He's 4 now, a personality kid if there ever was one, so we'll see if he decides to try performance art of some type.