• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

"To sleep, perchance to..." avoid Alzheimer's?

11 posts in this topic

I didn't get restorative sleep all the years DH was ill....it was like having a 220# newborn in the house who slept in my bed! In the past two years things are improving although slowly. I've added a cool mist humidifier and Himalayan pink salt crystal lamp to the bedroom...the dark circles under my eyes have faded significantly, and I bought a new bed. Also, I don't wake as often during the night....I had a solid night's sleep in all those years, now I'm down to once or twice regularly.

Hello all,

Seems like this is an old thread, but I think that I can post here instead of creating a new one. My grandmother has Alzheimer's and she has sleeping trouble. I've tried almost everything that I could do, but I'm not able to give her a peaceful sleep. I recently happened to read an article which was quite interesting.. I will soon try blue light therapy and bright light therapy for my grandmother. Hope this'll help her out. Has anyone tried this?? Will this give a positive result?? If you know any other techniques, please let me know. Thanks in advance. 

Note from RoseRed135: If anyone would like to see the article mentioned, it's called "How Blue Lights Help Sleepless Alzheimer's Patients" and is on the C-Care website.

Edited by RoseRed135
guideline 5f

A post in this thread has been hidden for review.

Does anyone take naps? 

Edited by Komorebi

I rarely sleep during the day. My Sis, on the other hand, can sleep the clock around....

The hidden post has been edited and restored.

Hubby "rests his eyes" nearly every afternoon.

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, SueSTx said:

Hubby "rests his eyes" nearly every afternoon.

LOL .. I've always loved that term ..

I am a napper! Couldn't make it through the day without it. I prefer to take a brief, 45 -75 minute nap, to pouring another cup of tea or coffee. I like to rise early to catch the early morning sunshine and keep the SAD away, but then I usually wind down about an hour before noon. So I take a nap, then have a light lunch. If it's a really long daylight day, say sundown at 8:30, I may take another half an hour nap around 2:30. For me, it's like pulling into a gas station. I run out of gas without my nap and get grouchy and depressed because my mind is out of energy. I guess each person's solution is different.

When I nap during the day I sometimes fall into such a deep, relaxing sleep-