• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

Yum! Valentine's Day Treats!

13 posts in this topic

Got this idea from " 25 + Valentine's Day Treats to Make with Your Kids" on the Cute DIY Projects site.

1. Chocolate Strawberry hearts

Chocolate Strawberry hearts

Clean and dry the strawberries before cutting them in half. Cut a little bit more so that you achieve a heart shape then join the together with a tooth pick. Dry the berries before dipping them in chocolate. A thin layer will be ideal compared to a thick one. Add some sprinkles for fun or use different colors of chocolate to dress your chocolate strawberries.

Think I might make these w/ my granddolls if their mom is ok w/ it (or maybe she'll want to do it w/ them).

How about you? Got any Valentine's Day goodies that you and yours enjoy/might enjoy making? Perhaps an old family favorite? Or a new one you're eager to try?

Edited by RoseRed135
color

Pretty

1 person likes this

When the kids still lived here we used to make a large heart shaped chocolate chip cookie for dessert on VD. Sometimes, just to make it a little more special I might add a whipped cream ruffley border....

That sounds wonderful! I'd be tempted to put the filling in a pastry bag for an assembly line method.

I'm not going to a Superbowl party, so if I do anything at home it will be nachos for one! If I go to the movies it will be popcorn for lunch. If I were to go to a party, however, I'd probably bring peanut butter cookies....always a hit and if I make them I can't keep them in the house because I'll eat the entire batch....this way I'd get a treat and be done.

These look so good and easy!

1 person likes this

Those will be pretty for our Monthly Ladies Luncheon next week...and easy also.

1 person likes this

We've had 4.5 days of workers underfoot. They have to be fed 3 squares/day. We made twice baked sweets to go with humongous steaks. I don't like meat, but the sweets were quite tasty. Didn't use sugar or pipe the filling, just spooned it in. I think we'll have them for lunch this weekend, our kids and grands love easy, cheap, sweet potatoes.

http://www.marthastewart.com/1159860/savory-twice-baked-sweet-potatoes

Italian Baby Kisses  

2 c flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1/3 c melted butter
1/4 c milk
2 t anise

Sift dry ingredients together, stir wet ingredients together, add wet to dry, mix. Butter hands, roll 1" balls, bake 375 for 8-10 minutes on buttered pans. Dip warm cookies in glaze - 1/2 c powder sugar, 1/2 t anise, 1T cream, mixed. Sweetheart MIL made me crazy, was a fabulous cook, and adored all of us. She made these cookies for baby births and her sweet baby (my husband) on Valentine's Day. We made them for foo ski weekend, just as yummy as ever. Great with chocolate-fondue.
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, JanelleK said:
Italian Baby Kisses  

2 c flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1/3 c melted butter
1/4 c milk
2 t anise

Sift dry ingredients together, stir wet ingredients together, add wet to dry, mix. Butter hands, roll 1" balls, bake 375 for 8-10 minutes on buttered pans. Dip warm cookies in glaze - 1/2 c powder sugar, 1/2 t anise, 1T cream, mixed. Sweetheart MIL made me crazy, was a fabulous cook, and adored all of us. She made these cookies for baby births and her sweet baby (my husband) on Valentine's Day. We made them for foo ski weekend, just as yummy as ever. Great with chocolate-fondue.

These are wonderful, any version of them -- recipes vary slightly- As does the glaze- My grandmother used anise or almond or lemon to flavor the cookie or the glaze but truth be told I've never, ever had a bad Anginettie cookie- 5 stars in my book-

Hope everyone has a lovely Valentine's Day, whether you (general) are w/ any loved ones or not. :give_rose: