• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

Favorite Romances?!

10 posts in this topic

With Valentine's Day coming up soon, I'm wondering if any of you have any favorite romance novels/novels w/ a romantic theme running through or romantic literary couples? Gone with the Wind? Wuthering Heights? Romeo and Juliet? Guinevere and Lancelot? Some lightweight "guilty pleasures" or even, stretching things a bit, TV couples, such as Ross and Rachel or Monica and Chandler (both on "Friends")? Or ??

Edited by RoseRed135
spelling

The Notebook, The Bridges of Madison County- 

I loved Bridges of Madison County! Gone With The Wind is the perennial favorite. For a true-story, real-life love story try G.I.Joe and Lillie. It's written by Joe Bonsall (the hyper type-A tenor with the Oak Ridge Boys!) telling his parents' story. To top it off, he also wrote a song that tells the story in 3 minutes. It's a great read. I came away truly admiring his mother. Another true story is Cheaper By the Dozen (Frank Gilbreth, jr & Ernestine Gilbreth Carey) telling the story of their parents along with being raised as part of such a large family. I remember it being required reading in 7th grade then totally falling in love with this family....I gave a copy to a friend who has 10 kids....she found lots of helpful info.

Romantic comedies / Drama romance

The Proposal- Have watched it many times over, always good for a laugh- Groundhog Day is another favorite- Sweet Home Alabama- A Walk In the Clouds is cinematic-ally romantic, contains twists of fate,  perseverance, the fixing of mistakes and stars Keanu Reeves,  Aitana Sánchez-Gijón and co stars Anthony Quinn- Diary of a Mad Black Woman- Monster's Ball- As Good As It Gets and Something's Gotta Give both with Jack Nicholson- Moonstruck- Pride and Prejudice (2005)- PS I Love You- I've yet to see Loving with Ruth Negga and Joel Edgerton https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_(2016_film)

On 2/4/2017 at 3:49 PM, Mame925 said:

I loved Bridges of Madison County! Gone With The Wind is the perennial favorite. For a true-story, real-life love story try G.I.Joe and Lillie. It's written by Joe Bonsall (the hyper type-A tenor with the Oak Ridge Boys!) telling his parents' story. To top it off, he also wrote a song that tells the story in 3 minutes. It's a great read. I came away truly admiring his mother. Another true story is Cheaper By the Dozen (Frank Gilbreth, jr & Ernestine Gilbreth Carey) telling the story of their parents along with being raised as part of such a large family. I remember it being required reading in 7th grade then totally falling in love with this family....I gave a copy to a friend who has 10 kids....she found lots of helpful info.

Can't think of Gone With The Wind without thinking about Carol Burnette!

Haven't seen La La Land yet, but Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling have on-screen chemistry in Crazy Stupid Love- 

Hepburn and Tracy

Cold Mountain maybe? I love Renee Zellweger's character in that movie- Also Bridget Jones-

Edited by Komorebi

6 hours ago, Komorebi said:

Can't think of Gone With The Wind without thinking about Carol Burnette!

One of the funniest moments in TV history.

8 hours ago, Mame925 said:

One of the funniest moments in TV history.

LOL!