• Announcements

• LaToyaADMIN

Tell us about your experience with signing up for Medicare   01/23/18

We want to know what the process was like for you, any difficulties you experienced, the length of your process, etc. This is strictly research and any information you share with us will not be shared elsewhere. Please email jack@grandparents.com with the subject line: Medicare Process and we'll be in touch with specific questions.
    • LaToyaADMIN

PLEASE READ: We are moving the community   02/15/18

Dear Community friends and family,   After great consideration, we are moving the Grandparents.com community to Facebook Groups effective March 15, 2018.   This wasn’t an easy decision, but we want to bring our communities together and believe the best place to do so is through Facebook’s groups feature. We’re so appreciative of you and the diverse conversations and opinions you have provided over the past 9 years. Your stories and amazing advice have helped so many readers, and have reached thousands of GP.com users. We encourage you to retrieve any information you want to retain as the forum will only be accessible by the admin after March 15, 2018. We’ve created a closed Facebook group called Mothers-in-Law Unplugged where we welcome you to continue the conversations around grandparenting, family, and in-law relationships, and any general topics we discuss here. As the group is closed and each user must be approved, your friends and family on Facebook won’t see any of your activity. Request to join the group here: http://bit.ly/milunplugged Thank you to all of our past and current users. You helped build our community, and we look forward to continuing to interact with you in the Facebook groups. If you have any questions about the groups and privacy, let’s chat about here:   Sincerely,   The Grandparents.com Team
Mame925

Daily Soundtrack

45 posts in this topic

My favorite Van is Jackie Wilson Said -- love that song!

Long Black Veil - The Chieftains (feat Rolling Stones) 

The Foggy Dew - The Chieftains (feat Sinéad O'Connor)

Ode To My Family - The Cranberries

Irish Rover - Pogues / Dubliners Live 1987

I'm Shipping Up To Boston - Dropkick Murphys

Tubthumping - Chumbawamba

Walk Like An Egyptian - The Bangles

Waterloo - ABBA

Too old?

19 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Too old?

Well... let's see... Usually we ask members not to pull up a thread that's more than 3 months old, unless they're the OP, and this is way older than that.

But I'll just lock it for now and leave it up the the Lead Mod of this forum/ @SueSTxto decide.

Edited by RoseRed135

As the OP, I'm good with leaving it open...could we consider pinning it?

This post is a year old already and there hasn't been but a handful of members post on this thread, three of which are moderator/members.

I will make an exception for this once since the OP requested it be kept open.  If there is no further interest shown, I will unpin it in the near future and let it drop back down, in the future remember the three month rule.

Edited by SueSTx

Thank you Sue!

I recently started listening to a station that plays nothing but music from The Great American Songbook, lots on vinyl, some rather scratchy vinyl, which seems to add to the listening experience- Really enjoying it!

Edited by Komorebi
1 person likes this

I have to go thru all the CDs I've left piled on the cabinet in the living room....it's on today's "list", so there may be some hot & wild tunes today...One of my favorite parts of the big reno we did in 2005 was putting Bose speakers in the main rooms of the house to have tunes everywhere without causing the neighbors to be subjected to my playlist...the main speakers are in the living room...the office, master bedroom, kitchen and outside deck all have speakers that are controlled by a box in the living room, on/off as well as volume...they allow for surround sound for the TV as well...the speakers are in the ceiling, painted to match, you can barely see them...

1 person likes this

My son picked up one of those bluetooth Bose, I was amazed at the sound it put out for such a teenie speaker- I would really like to go wireless with our "sound" and have considered looking into that -- specifically for the tv-

I was reading on MSN today and stumbles across Vince Gill singing a new song, "Forever Changed"...do a search and give a listen.  Very much a song of current times.  It is on youtube also.

1 hour ago, SueSTx said:

I was reading on MSN today and stumbles across Vince Gill singing a new song, "Forever Changed"...do a search and give a listen.  Very much a song of current times.  It is on youtube also.

Vince is also touring with The Eagles these days as the replacement for Glen Frey....sounds pretty good too...He also plays with The Time Jumpers (a collection of "A List" musicians)...just about anything he writes, sings, picks is outstanding.

Anyone have a favorite version / performance of Westward Wind?

The version I'm familiar with is England Dan/John Ford Coley...big fan of Dan Seals.

I'll give it a listen -- there's so many! Patsy Cline's is on replay -- heard it yesterday and it's been playing ever since ..

Haha .. Thank you, Sue-  :) .. My bad- I did mean Wayward Wind -- not westward ..

Crystal Gayle does a pretty good updated arrangement of Wayward Wind...I do like the original Gogi Grant version as well.

Awesome to hear some of these "old" names!  I still enjoy many of my old favorites, such as The Beatles and The Bee Gees, etc. :)

Over Valentine's Day the SiriusXM Beatles channel had a fan voted top 50 Beatles love songs they counted down...what fun that was! I spent a ridiculous amount of time in the car on Valentine's Day, so got to hear them all, some more than once.

Also Ronnie Dunn (Brooks & Dunn) does a monthly "Road Trip" show, showcasing his own stuff as well as music he listens to...It's quite interesting. We're very close in age, but brought up in very different parts of the country so its quite entertaining to see where our tastes converge and where they are miles apart. 

Today, here at home, however, it's 'music choice' though my cable provider...country from the 80s/90s....

1 person likes this