• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

How's your weekend looking?

13 posts in this topic

YDD is free both today (Friday) and this coming Monday for various reasons. So I won't have to drive my granddolls back & forth to school today or take care of them on Monday/Presidents' Day. I'll miss them (yeah, will even just miss seeing their little faces in the morning & afternoon), but I won't miss having to go out in the cold early in the morning. And it's a well-timed break for me b/c my DGC have all next week off ("Presidents' Week"/Midwinter Break) and so, I'll be watching them for long hours.

So, IOWs, since YDD has a 4-day weekend, so do I. (It's a little easier now for me to find ways to fill "extra" hours than it was when my granddolls were very little though I still feel a bit at loose ends sometimes.) DH and I will be dividing the time between continuing to sort through his parents' things, working on our own individual projects, reading and just relaxing.

Meanwhile, how does your weekend look? Will you be busy w/ your kids/GC or have it all to yourself and your spouse/SO? Doing anything special? Or just relaxing? Or ??

Edited by RoseRed135

My sub job has President's Week next week so I'll get some things done at home. DD & I are taking a quick trip to Vegas over the weekend for a concert, but will be gone less than 24 hours. I need to prune roses and start my seeds. I didn't have a garden the past 2 years, but that's about to change!

1 person likes this

If I get to the grocery store this weekend,  I will feel accomplished. I babysat all last weekend, including overnight Saturday for ODS and YDS and wives, so they could  celebrate Valentine's day. Had DD's son more days than usual this week because he had a stomach virus and couldn't go to daycare. I am tired and just want to veg-out and watch TV.    I  really enjoyed having my grandchildren here over the weekend. 

Grands are here this weekend with the new Monopoly Ultimate Banking game one got for his birthday. It has an electronic device that keeps track of the properties and money. You just scan cards for your turn and for the properties. It does not have Community Chest and Chance but does have Event cards that you also scan. Interestingly there are no railroads or utilities in this one. 

20 hours ago, Mame925 said:

My sub job has President's Week next week so I'll get some things done at home. DD & I are taking a quick trip to Vegas over the weekend for a concert, but will be gone less than 24 hours. I need to prune roses and start my seeds. I didn't have a garden the past 2 years, but that's about to change!

Have fun in Vegas, Mame! And best of luck w/ your garden! I imagine it will be fun to get back to it. :) 

13 hours ago, LimberlostGirl said:

If I get to the grocery store this weekend,  I will feel accomplished. I babysat all last weekend, including overnight Saturday for ODS and YDS and wives, so they could  celebrate Valentine's day. Had DD's son more days than usual this week because he had a stomach virus and couldn't go to daycare. I am tired and just want to veg-out and watch TV.    I  really enjoyed having my grandchildren here over the weekend. 

Totally hear you, LLG - both as to your having enjoyed having your GC w/ you and your being super-tired as a result!

ODS, YDS and their DWs are very lucky you were willing and able to take the kids. And, no doubt, the kids enjoyed it as much as you did.

Sorry about DD's little boy. Hope he's feeling better now.

Glad you're getting a break this weekend, though, as much as I know you love your GC. I hope you really do "veg-out and watch TV" - and just relax, as much as possible. You deserve it! :give_rose: 

Edited by RoseRed135

10 hours ago, homeygfunk said:

Grands are here this weekend with the new Monopoly Ultimate Banking game one got for his birthday. It has an electronic device that keeps track of the properties and money. You just scan cards for your turn and for the properties. It does not have Community Chest and Chance but does have Event cards that you also scan. Interestingly there are no railroads or utilities in this one. 

Wow. Sounds like you're learning a lot about these new games, homey! A version of Monopoly w/ "no railroads or utilities?" Mindboggling! Hope you all have fun - and that the parents appreciate the "time off!" :) 

Woke up to sunshine and warmer temps, enough to go outside and rake in yard-

1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, RoseRed135 said:

Have fun in Vegas, Mame! And best of luck w/ your garden! I imagine it will be fun to get back to it. :) 

It's George Strait, the world's most perfect man (I'm a sucker for a cowboy)....so I'll be coming home covered in cowboy dust. As a rule,, I'm not a Vegas fan, but there have been a few exceptions from time to time. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, RoseRed135 said:

Wow. Sounds like you're learning a lot about these new games, homey! A version of Monopoly w/ "no railroads or utilities?" Mindboggling! Hope you all have fun - and that the parents appreciate the "time off!" :) 

The grands are loving this new monopoly game. It is very cool to play. Scanning cards instead of using money -- very 21st century!

1 person likes this

Hi I'm DONNA55 also new to the forum. I did get to post some yesterday. Still learning my way around. Tried to answer RoseRed I believe on my post but couldn't figure how to. Duh Anyway my mom stopped over to see my two GC today her two GGC and I was able to get to the store for pull-ups wipes juice and milk lol and other things. Pretty nice day weather wise here in NJ. Tomorrow is suppose to be nice to. Gonna get the kiddies outside to burn off that energy!

5 hours ago, Donna55 said:

Hi I'm DONNA55 also new to the forum. I did get to post some yesterday. Still learning my way around. Hi again, Donna! Glad to see you're becoming an active poster! Tried to answer RoseRed I believe on my post but couldn't figure how to. Duh

Not "Duh" at all. It can take time to learn how everything works on a site. Since I see you answered Sue in a post, I take it you're talking about quoting another member's post and then answering them. There's a Quote button in the lower-left of each post. Just click it on and the post you're quoting will appear in  a smaller box w/in the Reply Box. Then you can key in your comments under the quoted post, as I've done below or on it, as I'm doing here.

You can also simply get the member's attention (w/o quoting) by keying in @ followed by their exact username. If you do this, a box will appear underneath where you can click on the member's name and a blue background will appear like so @Donna55. The member will then get a notice in their Notifications box (bell icon at the upper right of the screen) that you have addressed them.

Anyway my mom stopped over to see my two GC today her two GGC and I was able to get to the store for pull-ups wipes juice and milk lol and other things. Pretty nice day weather wise here in NJ. Tomorrow is suppose to be nice to. Gonna get the kiddies outside to burn off that energy!

Sounds like you and the kids are having a good weekend! And how wonderful that they have a GGM who's willing and able to spend time with/take care of them for a while. So lovely for you all! I hope you get that kind of help on a regular basis.

Even though you're "still learning (your) way around here, Donna, you seem to be doing rather well. But to help yourself get further acclimated, we recommend checking out the following GP.com threads (but perhaps you have already)

You also might want to click on this thread here in Grandparents Caring for Grandkids:

Since Mame and I both mentioned "Presidents' Week," I decided to open a thread on that topic and child/grandchildcare: