• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
Tobias41

Vegetable Gardening

59 posts in this topic

Sorry about your swing and hope you are not too banged up.

Let's don't even start about mowers.  We have "his and hers" riding mowers.   The transmission went out of one in the fall, a blade spindle went out of the other last week.  Hubby hates robbing parts off one to keep the other running, but he changed out decks this time because he needed to mow.  Think snakes!

Parts have been ordered and we'll see if we get the other mower running this season or not.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Komorebi said:

I'm Mary, Mary quite contraire lately .. the weather has been more like Autumn and is forecast to remain that way for the rest of the week- Without warmth, stuff just doesn't want to grow .. -- the mower quit, the swing broke when I was sitting in it .. before I knew it I was laying on my back looking up at the sky .. like an astronaut-ess .. meh ...pitybanner.jpg

Sorry to hear all this ^^^^. :( But glad you weren't hurt.  :)

7 hours ago, Komorebi said:

but had a good laugh while staring up at the sky, I'll admit .. :)

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, SueSTx said:

Sorry about your swing and hope you are not too banged up.

Let's don't even start about mowers.  We have "his and hers" riding mowers.   The transmission went out of one in the fall, a blade spindle went out of the other last week.  Hubby hates robbing parts off one to keep the other running, but he changed out decks this time because he needed to mow.  Think snakes! Ugh!

Parts have been ordered and we'll see if we get the other mower running this season or not. Good luck!

1 person likes this

Just planting this week . peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, cukes, beans from seed, pumpkin plants from our neighbor who wins awards. Hope I get results.

Tomato are starting to take off after a very slow start -- pepper not so much yet- Snow pea doing pretty good- The weather has been hot and dry- (Thinking of building a new swing lol..)

My summer squash have really started to bloom as have my cantaloupe.  I had a not so friendly visit in the garden one night and about half of my watermelon plants disappeared...nipped off at the ground.  I'm pretty sure it is a ground squirrel.  They are cute little buggers to watch skurry around, but the chicken wire can't keep them out of the garden.

Hahaha .. I just said it was hot and dry .. Its raining ..  Sorry about the watermelon- Due to it having been hot and dry the ants were foraging and carrying off seeds big time so will be lucky if they left any behind, they're efficient .. chipmunks are back at again as usual .. My cosmos for whatever reason grew to 6 inches and quit, the blooms are teenie and irregular .. always something!

I use a systemic fertilizer for my flowers that a big name company puts out for roses especially.  It contains a insecticide that takes care of the bugs.

I'm my way out to the garden to seet my snap traps to try to catch that pesky rodent now.

peppers are lagging behind, what I thought was gourd or pumpkin wound up being zucchini -- volunteers from last year .. the tomato, thus far, look better than ever!