• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
SueSTx

Reuben Bake

5 posts in this topic

We tried a new recipe for the Ladies Luncheon today.

Bottom layer sauerkraut, then corned beef, squirt on Thousand Island Dressing, Swiss Cheese and last Cube buttered Rye bread.

Bake at 350* about 30 minutes checking to not burn the bread....cover with foil loosely if necessary after it is brown.

The ladies loved it and much easier than grilling sandwiches.

3 people like this

My DH will love this, thanks!

Posted (edited)

Mmmm... sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing this, Sue!

Edited by RoseRed135

Posted (edited)

Happy Saint Pat to all who celebrate- I made this casserole for dinner last night and they loved it- DH asked I make a small one, enough for his lunch next week- Definite hit- Thanks again!

edit: I did tuck a bit of smoked gouda into cheese layer ..

Edited by Komorebi
1 person likes this

I tried a similar recipe  for Reuen Sliders--and they are amazing!  You use King's Hawaiian rolls (split) and line a jelly roll pan (cookie sheet with edges) completely.  Then you put on the corn beef, sauerkraut, thousand island and a piece of swiss if you want.  Put the tops on all the rolls and cover the whole sheet with foil. 

Bake them at 350 for about 20-30 minutes.

Yum!!