• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

Vent! Vent! Vent!

71 posts in this topic

Haven't had a thread like this in a while, so...

Maybe DH (dear husband)/DW (dear wife)/SO (significant other) left the cap off the toothpaste again. Or your DS (dear son) or DD was rude to you. Or the dog tracked muddy paw prints all over the kitchen floor, Or you're overloaded at work and have a ton of stuff  you'll have to finish over the weekend - again. Or...

However "big" or "small," what's bothering you today?

The cold weather is bothering me, We get teased with 60 degree weather then we get a blizzard and cold weather..REALLY!!...I am in need of some sun/fun time....lol...come on summer!!!

1 person likes this

Welcome Hope49! Glad you decided to come in and talk w/ us!

I so hear you about the weather! We've been getting the same "teasers" where I live and then the next day it's freezing cold again.

But summer? LOL! I'd settle for a little lasting spring weather! ;)

1 person likes this

Same here...lol....tired of wearing tons of clothes

Rain.....so much rain.....so tired of rain....drought over, rain, rain, go away

Thats it, time for a sun dance...lol...

I wish I knew how to help my DH with his ptsd. He has an appointment next month at the VA. I will be going with him and hope we/me can find some support services. I miss my mate, my partner, my love. 

Limber, would it be OK for us to pray for relief four you and your husband? 

(((((HUGS)))))

3 people like this

Prayers are most welcome Sue. Thank you. 

2 people like this

You definitely have my prayers, Limber. And more (((hugs!)))

1 person likes this

We have sun today but my goodness it is cold. And now I hear there will be rain for the next 4-5 days with maybe snow mixed in it..Really??!!!

No rain today...supposed to come back tomorrow!

Earlier in the week we had a 80% chance of rain this evening and tonight...now it has been downgraded to 20%.  It is cloudy and 80* but we have 30 mph winds.  Praying for rain.

1 hour ago, Mame925 said:

No rain today...supposed to come back tomorrow!

If only you 2 could somehow swap the weather!

On a more serious note, hoping everyone's weather gets better. And praying w/ you, Sue.

3 minutes ago, SueSTx said:

Earlier in the week we had a 80% chance of rain this evening and tonight...now it has been downgraded to 20%.  It is cloudy and 80* but we have 30 mph winds.  Praying for rain.

1 hour ago, Hope49 said:

We have sun today but my goodness it is cold. And now I hear there will be rain for the next 4-5 days with maybe snow mixed in it..Really??!!!

Hopefully, the weather people are wrong...

Oh my goodness....Rain...snow....rain...snow...freezing rain....what a day!!..something to look forward to for the next few days....

Wind, Wind and more wind.....wild fires, and still more fires.....God please, may we have some of that rain?

1 hour ago, SueSTx said:

Wind, Wind and more wind.....wild fires, and still more fires.....God please, may we have some of that rain?

Happy to share! 

5 hours ago, SueSTx said:

Hope nothing and no one was hurt by the fires, Sue!

Posted (edited)

One firefighter is in the hospital.  Only 60,000 acres burned this time. 

Last week there were more than 1,000,000 acres and 13 died.

Edited by SueSTx

Sigh... I wish that brave firefighter well.

Posted (edited)

This weeks fire was roughly equal to 70 times the area of Central Park.

The big fires two weeks ago was larger than the entire Long Island and not a single fire hydrant in sight.  All water has to be hauled in.  The National Forest Service does "drops" and they use big road and farm machinery to make fire breaks.  This firefighter was caught in his road grater and burned.

Edited by SueSTx

How awful! Poor man! He will be in my prayers.

Where I live we often say there are "too many" fire hydrants. Makes it difficult to find parking. But maybe there are never enough of them. Wish I could send some of ours to your corner of the world.

I am working with people who are very negative and pot stirrers (sp).  We have good jobs, interesting work and make good money.  People are generally nice and appreciate what we do and did I say we make good money!?!?!?  These are grown women who should be well past the mean girl/gossip stage.  Grow up already, work together and stop being so negative.

3 people like this

Work irk:  My co-worker, completely across the way from me (about 75 feet) talks so loud on her phone I can hear every. word. she. says.  Mind you, we are both in offices, not cubicles.

Man irk: 1.Bedroom door is closest to his side of the bed. He takes off his shoes and leaves them right there between the bed and the dresser.  I'm forever tripping over them. 2. Never hangs wash cloth. 3. Leaves dinner plate on the counter instead of the sink. 4. Might add a pinch of seasoning and stir a pot of something I'm cooking, then tries to take credit for the whole meal. Or make ONE dish and will take credit for all of it. 5. Will call to ask his mother how to cook something and I'm standing right there. (Trust me, I can throw down in the kitchen)

Vent over...for now :)

1 person likes this