• Announcements

• LaToyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LaToyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

Trump, Comey, etc...

186 posts in this topic

I agree with Sue.  The people I know who voted for Trump voted for him because they couldn't vote for Hillary.  Drain the Swamp and Anyone but HIllary.  I wasn't going to vote at all and at the last minute voted for Johnson.  But I would never have voted for Hillary.

Imp, Personally, I don't think it's deliberate ignorance.  I can't TRUST the news.  I think the spin is so bad, it becomes lies.  Since I can't trust it, I am ignoring it.

Put it like this= Imagine having to watch FOX news all day- would you believe the news

1 person likes this

51 minutes ago, skipped said:

I agree with Sue.  The people I know who voted for Trump voted for him because they couldn't vote for Hillary.  Drain the Swamp and Anyone but HIllary.  I wasn't going to vote at all and at the last minute voted for Johnson.  But I would never have voted for Hillary.

Imp, Personally, I don't think it's deliberate ignorance.  I can't TRUST the news.  I think the spin is so bad, it becomes lies.  Since I can't trust it, I am ignoring it.

Put it like this= Imagine having to watch FOX news all day- would you believe the news

Here's the problem I have with that, though:

If somoene refuses to watch the news, ANY news, then they are choosing to be ignorant of the issues.

I mean, let's look at an actual, admitted fact this week: Trump disclosed top secret information to the Russians. Trump admits this. Allies are now reassessing what top secret info they will share with the US in the future, b/c Trump is sharing info with the Russians.

If someone chooses to ignore all news, isn't that just a form of denial?

I get that folks didn't like HIllary. But, I swear to sweet baby cheezits, her emails pale in comparison to Trump allowing Russian media into the Oval Office, and giving top secret info to the Russians. Stuff ppl were afraid she'd do pale, imo, compared to what Trump *has* done, *plans* to do and is *trying* to do. I still don't understand how folks seem to be quietly accepting of the fact that Russia messed w/the US election. Why isn't EVERYONE losing their collective minds over that?

Trump hasn't drained the swap, he's stocked it with his own personal swamp creatures, not only major contributors to his campaign, but also his daughter and son in law, who have ties to his businesses, AND completely lack experience in government. He's blatantly practicing neopotism.

And if you don't like the news, how about Trump's own Twitter feed? Straight from the horse's mouth. He's been busted in multiple lies. He refers to his golf course as the Winter Whitehouse. He slagged Obama for golfing, yet he's golfed more in 100 days than Obama did in the same time period. He announced the bombing of Syria in the dining room of his club, with other members around.

This is all fact, from Trump's own mouth and twitter feed. Stuff he's said he's done. That's not 'spin'. He *brags* about this stuff.

His wife is costing what, half a million a day for security in NYC, b/c she's refused to move into the White House. Not spin. Fact.

His trips to his golf course are costing taxpayers, on average, $3.6 million dollars. EACH. Plus another million to residents of Palm Beach. Each time.

There comes a point where, "I don't watch the news, I don't trust it." is akin to sticking one's fingers in their ears and shouting, "LA LA LA LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

A special prosecutor has been brought in to investigate Trump's ties w/Russia, and exactly what happened during the election. Comey kept records of his meetings w/Trump, *including* Trump asking him to stop investigating after Flynn was fired.

Weighing, assessing, double and triple checking what news sources are sending out is always wise. Refusing to be informed, however, never is.

2 people like this

Much of what's happening in the US today is news, but it isn't new- Slavery, inequality, massacre, genocide, civil war, great depression, bank failures- Different circumstances, different dates, all US history- But the response/public outcry to each of these isn't much different than the response to the Trump presidency- So it really isn't that people are disinterested in the news, in US events, but do feel a sort of sense of dejavu when it comes to US history ... and people's response to it ..

43 minutes ago, ImpishMom said:

Here's the problem I have with that, though:

If somoene refuses to watch the news, ANY news, then they are choosing to be ignorant of the issues.

I mean, let's look at an actual, admitted fact this week: Trump disclosed top secret information to the Russians. Trump admits this. Allies are now reassessing what top secret info they will share with the US in the future, b/c Trump is sharing info with the Russians.

If someone chooses to ignore all news, isn't that just a form of denial?

I get that folks didn't like HIllary. But, I swear to sweet baby cheezits, her emails pale in comparison to Trump allowing Russian media into the Oval Office, and giving top secret info to the Russians. Stuff ppl were afraid she'd do pale, imo, compared to what Trump *has* done, *plans* to do and is *trying* to do. I still don't understand how folks seem to be quietly accepting of the fact that Russia messed w/the US election. Why isn't EVERYONE losing their collective minds over that?

Trump hasn't drained the swap, he's stocked it with his own personal swamp creatures, not only major contributors to his campaign, but also his daughter and son in law, who have ties to his businesses, AND completely lack experience in government. He's blatantly practicing neopotism.

And if you don't like the news, how about Trump's own Twitter feed? Straight from the horse's mouth. He's been busted in multiple lies. He refers to his golf course as the Winter Whitehouse. He slagged Obama for golfing, yet he's golfed more in 100 days than Obama did in the same time period. He announced the bombing of Syria in the dining room of his club, with other members around.

This is all fact, from Trump's own mouth and twitter feed. Stuff he's said he's done. That's not 'spin'. He *brags* about this stuff.

His wife is costing what, half a million a day for security in NYC, b/c she's refused to move into the White House. Not spin. Fact.

His trips to his golf course are costing taxpayers, on average, $3.6 million dollars. EACH. Plus another million to residents of Palm Beach. Each time.

There comes a point where, "I don't watch the news, I don't trust it." is akin to sticking one's fingers in their ears and shouting, "LA LA LA LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

A special prosecutor has been brought in to investigate Trump's ties w/Russia, and exactly what happened during the election. Comey kept records of his meetings w/Trump, *including* Trump asking him to stop investigating after Flynn was fired.

Weighing, assessing, double and triple checking what news sources are sending out is always wise. Refusing to be informed, however, never is.

Full facts, please- Why did Milania refuse to move? 

1 minute ago, Komorebi said:

Full facts, please- Why did Milania refuse to move? 

Melania stated it was for their son, so that he wouldn't be pulled out of school/away from his soccer team.

Sorry, but that's a nonsense excuse in my books. Other First Families have done it, it's part of the gig, imo.

Can't imagine what fury would've been unleashed if the Obamas had taken the same stance.

I don't think that US taxpayers should have to foot the bill for preferences. All the $ that is being spent for her to stay in NYC could easily have gone to keep programs that are being cut instead. Benefit thousands, even millions vs one family. If Melania wishes to stay in NYC, then Trump should foot the bill himself.

45 minutes ago, ImpishMom said:

Melania stated it was for their son, so that he wouldn't be pulled out of school/away from his soccer team.

Sorry, but that's a nonsense excuse in my books. Other First Families have done it, it's part of the gig, imo.

Can't imagine what fury would've been unleashed if the Obamas had taken the same stance.

I don't think that US taxpayers should have to foot the bill for preferences. All the $ that is being spent for her to stay in NYC could easily have gone to keep programs that are being cut instead. Benefit thousands, even millions vs one family. If Melania wishes to stay in NYC, then Trump should foot the bill himself.

So the news is that Milania and Barron remained in NYC in order for him to finish out his school year -- and continue to play on his soccer team-

Past news reads something like this: Hillary Clinton set aside her flotus duties and moved to New York to set up residence while running for senator-

As you can see, other families have done similar-

Personally, I cringe when I think of the innocent lives taken with tax payer money .. not so much those it protects- Distribution of wealth is the root cause -- in my book- I don't see that changing much in favor of the American public any time soon-

1 person likes this

Imp, thank you for saying what needs to be said. We can't stick our fingers in our ears and "la la la" claiming we don't know who or what to believe, when it's being said and is happening all around us.

I'll add: We can't afford to "agree to disagree" anymore.

We have to agree that depriving the American public of attainable healthcare is WRONG.

We have to agree that treating the very-rich in this country as though they're some sort of protected class is WRONG.

We have to agree that our environment is valuable for its necessary, life-giving resource (water, air, natural resources), and exploiting those things and imperiling everyone's lives is WRONG.

We have to agree that smart and strong is better than weak and dumb, and that vilifying (and imperling) an educational system that has contributed to the betterment of millions of lives, historically, is WRONG.

We have to agree, at least, that spending half a million taxpayer dollars a day to make one mom and one kid happy is WRONG.

We have to agree that putting known racists in Cabinet positions is WRONG.

I'm looking for BRIGHT SPOTS in the Trump agenda, not "at least he's not Hillary." That's not a bright spot, that's a fart in a stiff wind.

I said I don't "watch" the news...as in regular evening news cast etc.

I didn't say I have my head in the sand.  There are more ways than a TV to keep up with what is going on in the world.

3 people like this

21 minutes ago, SueSTx said:

I said I don't "watch" the news...as in regular evening news cast etc.

I didn't say I have my head in the sand.  There are more ways than a TV to keep up with what is going on in the world.

Then what is Trump doing that particularly attracts you to his agenda for the country? What is he doing now, and/or what is the promise of his administration, that you think will be in the best interests of the majority of the citizens of this country? How will he be making this country better?

3 hours ago, oscarsmaman said:

Imp, thank you for saying what needs to be said. We can't stick our fingers in our ears and "la la la" claiming we don't know who or what to believe, when it's being said and is happening all around us.

I'll add: We can't afford to "agree to disagree" anymore.  I totally agree with the above.  :)

I read the following definition of snowflake, a word I feel should be added to the "slurs against groups filter list" on GP.com.  Somehow, beyond my comprehension, many right leaning people are choosing to ignore what is happening, instead insult and negatively label those harmed by bad actors as "snowflakes".

For example, from the list below, how can taking down a statue of Jefferson Davis possibly be wrong? Everyone knows whats right and moral in that situation. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/jefferson-davis-statue.html?_r=0

So many still protest doing the right thing. Here in America in 2017, there are still people saying "la la la" about racism and the Civil War, finding those who insist on statue removal "snowflakes". No, just no.

The snowflake definition: "Devastated by Brexit? Snowflake. Protesting the election of Donald J. Trump? Precious snowflake. Asking to take down a statue of a racist on your campus? Classic Generation Snowflake. Sexual assault survivors requesting trigger warnings on texts that include graphic rape scenes? Special snowflakes.

Last November, snowflake was deemed one of Collins English Dictionary’s words of the year. That same month, the L.A. Times included snowflake in “a guide to the language of the ‘alt-right.’”  The Guardian called it “the defining insult of 2016.”

“I think it’s gone beyond slang,” said Jonathon Green, slang lexicographer and author of several dictionaries of slang. “It’s a very specific, very politicized insult.”

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, oscarsmaman said:

Then what is Trump doing that particularly attracts you to his agenda for the country? What is he doing now, and/or what is the promise of his administration, that you think will be in the best interests of the majority of the citizens of this country? How will he be making this country better?

Can you show me anywhere where I said I was proTrump?  I will admit I was antiClinton!

2 people like this

3 hours ago, oscarsmaman said:

We have to agree that depriving the American public of attainable healthcare is WRONG.

We have to agree that treating the very-rich in this country as though they're some sort of protected class is WRONG.

We have to agree that our environment is valuable for its necessary, life-giving resource (water, air, natural resources), and exploiting those things and imperiling everyone's lives is WRONG.

We have to agree that smart and strong is better than weak and dumb, and that vilifying (and imperling) an educational system that has contributed to the betterment of millions of lives, historically, is WRONG.

We have to agree, at least, that spending half a million taxpayer dollars a day to make one mom and one kid happy is WRONG.

Because if we don't agree- I'm unpatriotic????

This reminds me of a bumper sticker.  I'll hug your elephant if you kiss my donkey's behind.  Except in this case there is no hugging.  I just better fall in line.

My husband (much more conservative than I) watches a lot of news.  He mentioned listening to a Democrat's speech about health care and was thnking that the guy had a lot of good things to say.  Until the end.  He had to ruin it by making some nasty comments about Republicans.  Maybe if people just stuck to the facts they could get people on board.

Instead they have to make it personal.  Insinuate that your stupid for not wanting to listen to propaganda.  Insinuate that they know better than you do so just fall in line.

That's why the Democrats lost the election.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, oscarsmaman said:

I'm looking for BRIGHT SPOTS in the Trump agenda, not "at least he's not Hillary." That's not a bright spot, that's a fart in a stiff wind.

I tried to ignore the bold -- but failed- We can indeed afford to disagree, to agree, to agree to disagree, to fail as a country- We're doing that as we speak, we were doing exactly that during the last administration as well- And the one before that, and the one before that and the one before that ..

Yet ..

We (the people ..) continue to move forward despite a lengthy list of failures, of making similar mistakes time and again -- and again ..

In other words, as a country, we're still a success- As a general population, mostly a mess .. and have been for decades ..

Anyone paying attention, which is a larger number than some might believe, realize (in real life) that Americans have been deprived of healthcare prior to this administration, have been treated as not equal prior to this administration, that the rich were already protected prior to this administration, that our environment has been being destroyed for many, many decades, and let's not ignore the fact people who are smart and strong have run this country into the ground- As a rule people do make some effort to protect their children regardless of the expense-  

The bright spot in this administration? The hatred- Watching, and reading, and listening to the hateful calling this hateful administration hateful and those that disagree with each other basically stupid is terribly entertaining -- for a little while- But one doesn't need to consume a constant diet of it to prove anything to anybody, to fulfill others hateful desires for more recruits -- to succumb to the very same head games ..

I voted along with others who did- Now we're supposed to hate each other for doing so? For not voting the same? That's the solution? We have to agree or else be hated? LMAO ..

No-

Paying attention doesn't lead to people needing to agree- It leads to listening- Listening leads to not hating each other- Needing to agree leads to more rifts-

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

I tried to ignore the bold -- but failed- We can indeed afford to disagree, to agree, to agree to disagree, to fail as a country- We're doing that as we speak, we were doing exactly that during the last administration as well- And the one before that, and the one before that and the one before that ..

Yet ..

We (the people ..) continue to move forward despite a lengthy list of failures, of making similar mistakes time and again -- and again ..

In other words, as a country, we're still a success- As a general population, mostly a mess .. and have been for decades ..

Anyone paying attention, which is a larger number than some might believe, realize (in real life) that Americans have been deprived of healthcare prior to this administration, have been treated as not equal prior to this administration, that the rich were already protected prior to this administration, that our environment has been being destroyed for many, many decades, and let's not ignore the fact people who are smart and strong have run this country into the ground- As a rule people do make some effort to protect their children regardless of the expense-  

The bright spot in this administration? The hatred- Watching, and reading, and listening to the hateful calling this hateful administration hateful and those that disagree with each other basically stupid is terribly entertaining -- for a little while- But one doesn't need to consume a constant diet of it to prove anything to anybody, to fulfill others hateful desires for more recruits -- to succumb to the very same head games ..

I voted along with others who did- Now we're supposed to hate each other for doing so? For not voting the same? That's the solution? We have to agree or else be hated? LMAO ..

No-

Paying attention doesn't lead to people needing to agree- It leads to listening- Listening leads to not hating each other- Needing to agree leads to more rifts-

So very well said Komorebi.  Thank you.  You made me think of something I often told my girls growing up.  Everyone is different.  No one looks the same, acts the same, believes the same, etc.  The world would be a very dull place if we were all the same.

1 person likes this

I'm still waiting for any accolades for Trump besides "he's not Democrat" and "he's not Hilary."

Let's try to put aside the outrage and talk about policy and agenda for the country.

All I've been getting is "you (general "you") think I'm supposed to agree with anything you say or how you vote?!"

Tell me what Trump's doing that's so great. It shouldn't be a hard question. So stop making it about me, thanks.

And yes, if you voted for Trump, then you are, bottom-line, pro-Trump. So it shouldn't be a difficult question to answer. Tell me why he's good for the country.

2 hours ago, JanelleK said:

I read the following definition of snowflake, a word I feel should be added to the "slurs against groups filter list" on GP.com.  Somehow, beyond my comprehension, many right leaning people are choosing to ignore what is happening, instead insult and negatively label those harmed by bad actors as "snowflakes".

For example, from the list below, how can taking down a statue of Jefferson Davis possibly be wrong? Everyone knows whats right and moral in that situation. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/jefferson-davis-statue.html?_r=0

So many still protest doing the right thing. Here in America in 2017, there are still people saying "la la la" about racism and the Civil War, finding those who insist on statue removal "snowflakes". No, just no.

The snowflake definition: "Devastated by Brexit? Snowflake. Protesting the election of Donald J. Trump? Precious snowflake. Asking to take down a statue of a racist on your campus? Classic Generation Snowflake. Sexual assault survivors requesting trigger warnings on texts that include graphic rape scenes? Special snowflakes.

Last November, snowflake was deemed one of Collins English Dictionary’s words of the year. That same month, the L.A. Times included snowflake in “a guide to the language of the ‘alt-right.’”  The Guardian called it “the defining insult of 2016.”

“I think it’s gone beyond slang,” said Jonathon Green, slang lexicographer and author of several dictionaries of slang. “It’s a very specific, very politicized insult.”

Actually, on this site, the word was used as early as 2009 by a DIL to describe a MIL as a "special snowflake"/very "entitled" person. It has been used several times here since then to refer to both MILs an DILs  (and perhaps some others) who seem to fit that description.. It focused on specific individuals, not any one demographic as a whole.

But yes, I've noticed, myself, that over the past few years (on FB and elsewhere), it has broadened in meaning to be an insult against liberals as a group or young college students as a group. So I get your concerns, Janelle.

@ All - If anyone feels that this word - or any other word needs to be added to the filter list - please PM LatoyaAdmin.

Edited by RoseRed135
to correct year number
2 people like this

But, I don't think many voters were voting either Democrat or Republican, Hilary or Trump, conservative or liberal.  They are many shades of gray in politics and that doesn't mean anyone that voted for Trump is one of his cheerleaders are has any accolades to share.  There is really no way of knowing how things would be 100+ days in if any of the other many candidates had won either.  Some issues might be better and some the same or worse, who knows for sure.

Edited by SueSTx
2 people like this

6 hours ago, oscarsmaman said:

Well, I didn't vote for Trump and I agree w/ a lot of what you say here, Oscar. (Well, ok, I'm a little soft on a kid's wanting to finish the term at his school, etc., but that's about it.)

But I still hope everyone here feels free to agree or disagree, as they wish.

Edited by RoseRed135

I don't think any one is making it about you Oscar, either the general you or the 'you' you.  I think some of us (both on this forum or outside it) just are tired of hearing if we don't agree with certain ways of thinking we something less than human/crazy/ignorant/etc.  It's really not your (general your or course) way or the highway, it just isn't.

Honestly right now I don't know what Trump's done or hasn't done.  I don't trust any news organization at this point.  Do I think he could do better?  Absolutely.  Is there something shady going on?  Not sure.  Maybe, maybe not.  With the leaks coming from so many 'sources' and most unsubstantiated at this point, I don't know what to believe.  I do believe there is a bit of a witch hunt (no offense to any witches out there) going on but we all should be used to that.  It is Washington after all (not right but both parties are always on the look for something to bring down the other).  I believe that Hilary is as crooked as the day is long and am very glad she didn't make the WH.  I also think that there just has to be better candidates on both sides but frankly couldn't name one to save my soul at this point.  No one on either side seems trust worthy or above the law.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, oscarsmaman said:

I'm still waiting for any accolades for Trump besides "he's not Democrat" and "he's not Hilary."

Let's try to put aside the outrage and talk about policy and agenda for the country.

All I've been getting is "you (general "you") think I'm supposed to agree with anything you say or how you vote?!"

Tell me what Trump's doing that's so great. It shouldn't be a hard question. So stop making it about me, thanks.

And yes, if you voted for Trump, then you are, bottom-line, pro-Trump. So it shouldn't be a difficult question to answer. Tell me why he's good for the country.

President Trump is just as good for this country as any other- The fact that we are still here, moving forward (at less than a snails pace ..) proves each president has contributed to the forward movement with both their successes and their mistakes -- for the US/us (and others ..) to learn by and or repeat again, and again ..

He, president Trump, in this respect is offering the same as any past president has- That in itself is an accolade, that's what's both so great and so positively heartbreaking- When speaking from a stuck position of having a favorite president, or least favorite, (same goes for policy) it becomes an endless game of who did what or didn't or who won't or will- It's a crap shoot, anyone's guess- And that's "one" thing that's so great about this country, nobody "has" to place a bet unless they want to engage in that conversation/debate-

Providing answers and being provided with answers one might not want to hear ..... are two different things-

Edited by Komorebi

6 hours ago, JanelleK said:

I got into a FB squabble with a friend who is a high school humanities teacher, a well educated mid-30s Jewish man...he's quite intelligent as well as left leaning....from Chicago. He doesn't understand the protesting of removing the Confederate statues, I don't agree with the political correctness of removing them...they are a part of history. History isn't to be rewritten or erased. His zealot attitude died when I asked him if was ready to discuss the ramifications of Southern Reconstruction and why it may have led to the idealization of Confederate 'heroes" ...

Same with words. We use snowflake here to discuss those extremely "entitled" and/or "selfish/self centered" people we come across from time to time. It's the same to me as using DUH when describing those hubbies who need to get a clue...conversation will become wildly boring if we eliminate any adjectives that might be politically incorrect.

Oh, and to be clear, I'm not talking racial slurs in any form.

Edited by Mame925
added text
2 people like this

Something I've noticed about many relationships which I think pertains to this conversation- A person can be wrong minded or incorrect about a number of things and correct and right minded about others but are viewed or judged in the eyes of others by their flaws and or the times they were wrong- Likewise with nature, even after the sting wears off and the bee is gone people cling their recollection of how much it hurt- 

I've encountered several well educated, successful people who refuse to accept the fact that Donald Trump is our 45th president, refuse to call him president -- as if their refusal could change the election results- I understand that degree of passion, that deep disbelief because I've experienced both of these- Just not about politics- How politics impacts people, yes- I've experienced that- And believe it- But it's impossible for me to experience (or believe) what's yet to be, for myself, for family and those I love while under the Trump administration-

His campaign promises resonated deeply with the people who were experiencing their own deep disbelief- To them, Donald Trump was the brass ring that would pull them out of their disenchantment and circumstances that president Obama ignored because he focused on different groups of people and different issues which he admitted to doing with regret to allow us to hold him accountable and perhaps be forgiven for- Those people who supported Donald Trump, whoever they may be, that our former president ignored, are no different from the people that were experiencing their own deep disbelief in 2007 and thought Barack Obama was the brass ring that would pull them out of their disenchantment and circumstances that president Bush ignored- I'm certain some of these people several administrations into their disenchantment voted for Bush, then Obama, then Trump due to their circumstances and deep disbelief-

I think we're light years away from agreeing with each other but closer to understanding each other due to discussions such as this one -- which we wouldn't be having if Donald Trump lost the election in November -- as the glaciers continued to melt and years after it was discovered that male frogs that were exposed to a common weed killer developed the ability to lay eggs ..

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, oscarsmaman said:

Again, I didn't vote for Trump and I live in a liberal area. So maybe I shouldn't even answer this. And I'm not going to give you "accolades for" him. But from what I've seen online or on TV and sometimes heard in person, there seem to be 3 major reasons why many people voted for Trump besides "'he's not Democrat" and "he's not Hilary'" (not saying this is true of all Trump voters or even most):

1. Jobs - Trump promised to "save jobs," promote job creation and see to it that a lot of outsourced manufacturing jobs were brought back to the the U.S. And some of that has happened or started to, apparently. Fact-checking shows me that often the plans to create or bring back jobs were already in the works before Trump was elected or even campaigning, but it doesn't seem to matter. Several of the people who lost/were in fear of losing jobs felt they had been "forgotten" (or "ignored" as Komo says) and Trump was "remembering" them. Besides,  I'm guessing that when someone is worried about "putting food on the table," so to speak, details become obscured. Also, for them and their loved one, etc, most other issues pale by comparison.

2. Terrorism - Many Trump supporters I've seen/talked to, see him as a strong leader who could and would protect us against terrorism more effectively than any other candidate who tried for the presidency.

3. The Supreme Court - Whenever I've asked a Trump supporter, "What about the Supreme Court?" the reply has been, "I want the Court to be more conservative." If I say, "Do you mean you want Roe V. Wade overturned?" I either get "Yes" or "Oh, that will never happen! I just want the Court to be more conservative in general."

I guess I am a conservative leaning Libertarian.  I proudly voted for Donald Trump and would do so again today.  No, I'm not pleased with all his actions, but I believe his intent is good.  I am a conservative (politically speaking), but am not thrilled with the Republican Party, and even less thrilled with the Democrat Party.  I watch MSNBC, FOX, and CNN and surf facebook for comments on all sides of the political spectrum.

1 person likes this

I read a very interesting comment on the current political situation today.  It gives me something to think about.

"Why is it that people think, what allegedly was committed, hasn't been committed over and over again behind closed doors! Not saying if it were right or wrong. Why is it, that half the people of this country believe wrestling is real, that ufo's exist, that Elvis is still alive and that only the liberal viewpoint is correct? This country has always been a two party system of government, for the most part. When one party won an election, the other party, respectfully, listened, debated and worked with the other. Or at least pretended too! Seems we have decided that respect for each other's opinions and beliefs should be replaced by demagoguery, hate and witch hunting. People should trust the system of government that has worked for us over 200 years. And respect and treat others like you would expect them to treat you."

Edited by SueSTx
3 people like this