• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

Rain & Pain, Etc.

6 posts in this topic

Do your "bones" seem to predict the weather? Is how you feel physically impacted by whether it rains or shines, etc? GP.com recently posted the following article:

http://aga.grandparents.com/health/articles/pain-management/weather-arthritis-pain

So now I'm wondering, do you find that weather affects how you feel physically, in any way, and what you do about it?

Dark cloudy days during the winter certainly affect my mood. 

The weather does seem to affect my neck but I find that if I eat healthy, I have less inflammation and feel better.  I always know when I haven't eaten as I should by how my neck feels

Posted (edited)

On 8/17/2017 at 4:35 PM, lovehummingbirds said:

The weather does seem to affect my neck but I find that if I eat healthy, I have less inflammation and feel better.  I always know when I haven't eaten as I should by how my neck feels

That's interesting!

Do you have an old neck injury or does that just happen to be where the weather "gets" you?

Edited by RoseRed135

@RoseRed135 I had a neck injury in my 30's.  So far, at 66, it is the only place in my body I have arthritis. I feel it with weather change and bad diet.  Never bothers me above 8,000 feet no matter what the weather for some reason

Posted (edited)

@lovehummingbirds - Thanks for answering my question and then some! Sorry about your neck and hope it doesn't bother you too often.

Edited by RoseRed135