• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

The Multigenerationsl Household - Does summer make a difference?

9 posts in this topic

Does summer make it easier to have a few generations living in one home? Is there more "breathing space," so to speak, b/c people get out more? Or does it just bring more "issues" - you know, over whether or not to turn on the ac (air conditioning) or whether or not someone tracked sand into the house after a trip to the beach? Is it different in any way or more or less the same? 

Edited by RoseRed135

From my perspective it's a small bit harder in the summer. More laundry/sheets, more towels, more lunches, more snacks, more bottles of water, more "where is my?" and more questions about where the toddlers are relating to the doors, yard, and pool. BUT, far less driving and arranging transportation.

And the bigger kids love it. They sleep past 6am, they don't wear uniforms (but the do wear really tattered and worn uniforms, IDK what the big deal is there), they do their chores with more leeway for time, they go to Costco more often (a huge thrill, IDKY) and they golf and go to sports camps. And vacations.

1 person likes this

th?id=OIP.tIQKyMY1Id4MtM_iIDBORgEsEs&w=2

Anonymous poster hash: ea945...f93

5 people like this

Grocery shopping is very hard to figure when school is out for summer. Yesterday I roasted 2 chickens for slices and chicken salad, made 20 sandwich rolls and a batch of cookies, picked cherry tomatoes and greens. Bag each of sweet peas and carrots, half a jar of mayo, a pound of fontina. And that was just lunch. And the towels, oh my. Where have our little GC gone?  Sam's big cart is calling.

2 people like this

So funny that this came up.  My children are older teens and don't require my constant attention.  They are actually a huge help to me.  My next door neighbor is a grandmother to about a dozen grandchildren, all 7 or younger.  This morning I was working at home and they were dropped off by their parents to spend the 1st of many summer days at grandmoms house.  Was funny to hear a bunch of little kids running around burning off all of that energy at 7 am this morning.  She does a ton for her grandchildren and would not have it any other way.

3 people like this

My house is dirty with no help in sight. 

Mine is no better @PattyGramyet my social calendar keeps getting in the way.... I was out getting groceries at 10pm last night. Off to the ball game this afternoon.

1 hour ago, Mame925 said:

Mine is no better @PattyGramyet my social calendar keeps getting in the way.... I was out getting groceries at 10pm last night. Off to the ball game this afternoon.

I called a housekeeper and got slotted for Friday. Dust be gone.  ;) 

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, PattyGram said:

I called a housekeeper and got slotted for Friday. Dust be gone.  ;) 

I have a number for a new person...my old housekeeper is overbooked