• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

Summer hobbies - do you have them?

9 posts in this topic

Do you enjoy any hobbies/sports that are generally associated w/ summer/warmer months - swimming, water-skiing, boating, fishing, etc?

Dh & I love camping & taking our little fishing boat to the lake. We haven't done much of either since we became full & part time caregivers to DD's son three years ago.  Tomorrow morning we are leaving for our second camping trip in three weeks.  DD will bring GS at 8am and we can head out. DD will come when she gets off work. SDIL and sons are coming too. We are loaded and ready. I'm so grateful for this time with the people I love so much. 

1 person likes this

Y'all have a wonderful weekend

1 person likes this

On 7/7/2017 at 9:53 PM, LimberlostGirl said:

Dh & I love camping & taking our little fishing boat to the lake. We haven't done much of either since we became full & part time caregivers to DD's son three years ago.  Tomorrow morning we are leaving for our second camping trip in three weeks.  DD will bring GS at 8am and we can head out. DD will come when she gets off work. SDIL and sons are coming too. We are loaded and ready. I'm so grateful for this time with the people I love so much. 

Sounds great! Was it just for the weekend or longer? If you're home now, please let us know how it went. If you're still there, hope you tell us all about it when you get back. :)

It was just the weekend. We had a good time except DD's son and I both got bee stung. I lost my temper with SS bossing DD around but I apologized and he accepted. We are planning another camping trip late summer. It's been a busy week getting all the camping stuff cleaned and repacked. Sunday morning we are bound to Destin, Florida with the same crew. YAY

Have fun in Destin.

1 person likes this

If gardening and having a "nice lawn" is a summer hobby...we stay extremely busy and love the fruits of our labor.

@LimberlostGirl - Have a good time in Destin! Hope there are no bee stings, this time, and that SS doesn't get bossy! :)

@SueSTx - No doubt, gardening is a hobby though it's not always confined to summer. Glad you and DH are enjoying "the fruits of (your) labor" and hope you continue to do so. :)

1 person likes this

ODD and SIL took my granddolls camping for a few days (YDD, their mom, is already back in school). They loved it! They went hiking, biking, fishing and kayaking and the kids were delighted to get to help make S'mores. :)

Speaking of kayaking, have any of you ever done it? If so, do you enjoy it as much as my GC, ODD and SIL?