• Announcements

• LaToyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LaToyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

Divorced... separated... widowed... never married - Are holidays easier/harder when you're single/a single GP?

8 posts in this topic

With Independence Day coming up tomorrow, I'm wondering... Whether you're divorced, widowed, separated or have simply never married (and are currently unattached), how does that impact your holidays, if at all. Do you find it's easier, perhaps, b/c you get to decide on your own what to do for such holidays as July 4 (even if it's just stay home and relax)? Or harder b/c you feel more comfortable going places/celebrating w/ a partner? Or ??

Edited by RoseRed135
1 person likes this

I'm ok with going solo whenever or wherever. I'm rather solitary by nature, so going on my own schedule works well.

1 person likes this

I wish I could get comfortable going alone. Just hasn't happened. On holidays everything is about my dil's family. My daughter and family aren't close so I'm always on my own.It gets depressing. I don't even decorate anymore.

So sorry for your situation, BestBaba.

@BestBaba - Welcome back, again! Sorry about your lonely holidays and your, apparently, strained relations with your daughter and her family (if I'm reading that correctly). (((Hugs!)))

1 person likes this

My relationship with my daughter is not strained. We just don't live close enough. I'm hoping to move closer to her family if I can afford it. Thank you for concern.

1 person likes this

Thank you homeygfunk for your care and concern. I've tried joining different groups on Meet-up but so often they aren't within one hour of me. Bty: For those unfamiliar with meetup, they are an organization of groups with similar interests.

I know what you mean about meet-up. I get their emails but have yet to find a group that I can get to.