• Announcements

• LaToyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LaToyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

"Boyfriend/girlfriend?"... "Significant Other?" - "Partner?" - What to call that person you're dating?

2 posts in this topic

Some older people are uncomfortable introducing someone they're dating as their "boyfriend" or "girlfriend.". They feel it sounds "too adolescent," etc. But what's better? "Gentlemanfriend"/"ladyfriend?" "Significant Other?" "Partner?" Simply saying "friend" and letting people figure out the rest? Or ??

Edited by RoseRed135
typos
1 person likes this

Funny you brought this up. A dear friend from out of state popped into town and invited me to dinner last night...We've been friends since we were 12, we turn 65 this year...I spent the 4th at my sister's and spent the night...so when I left there for an afternoon visit with a cousin, I would be meeting this friend later...my sister had a cow....she has never understood the concept of men & women being friends for all that I have displayed this behavior my entire life. She wanted to know what kind of "date" was planned, where were going, what we would be doing...

CHILL OUT, I am having dinner with  MY friend....no benefits other than a treasured friendship...He paid because, as he said "I invited you, remember"...I was all for splitting the check. 

We laughed over my sister's antics, because he totally agrees with me...

If I were to introduce someone special, however, all of the important people in my life would know already so I'd simply introduce him by his name...."this is John"...outsiders don't need clarification, IMO. 

2 people like this