• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
Mame925

Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili

5 posts in this topic

Oh this turned out so very good! Vegan, high fiber, big flavor

medium sweet potato, peeled and diced (I used garnet yam)

medium yellow onion, diced

sweet and/or bell pepper to taste, diced

2 cloves garlic, finely minced or grated

cumin & chili powder to taste

2 cups finely chopped tomato or tomato puree

1 can black beans, drained & rinsed

Saute the sweet potato, onion & pepper in a bit of coconut oil or olive oil. Add garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add cumin & chili powder, stir to blend, add tomatoes then cook on low until everything is hot & simmering. Add beans & heat thru. Makes two generous servings.

2 people like this

This sounds amazing ...

I made a version of this for lunch- (it had been on my mind since you posted it)- And it was amazing- I ate it for dinner too-

1 person likes this

I made this yesterday and DH, who isn't a big fan of beans and lentils, really liked this as much as I did.

3 people like this

Went for a walk in the woods and then came home and made this, this time exactly as instructed .. and it was awesome! I love this stuff!