• Announcements

• LaToyaADMIN

Tell us about your experience with signing up for Medicare   01/23/18

We want to know what the process was like for you, any difficulties you experienced, the length of your process, etc. This is strictly research and any information you share with us will not be shared elsewhere. Please email jack@grandparents.com with the subject line: Medicare Process and we'll be in touch with specific questions.
    • LaToyaADMIN

PLEASE READ: We are moving the community   02/15/18

Dear Community friends and family,   After great consideration, we are moving the Grandparents.com community to Facebook Groups effective March 15, 2018.   This wasn’t an easy decision, but we want to bring our communities together and believe the best place to do so is through Facebook’s groups feature. We’re so appreciative of you and the diverse conversations and opinions you have provided over the past 9 years. Your stories and amazing advice have helped so many readers, and have reached thousands of GP.com users. We encourage you to retrieve any information you want to retain as the forum will only be accessible by the admin after March 15, 2018. We’ve created a closed Facebook group called Mothers-in-Law Unplugged where we welcome you to continue the conversations around grandparenting, family, and in-law relationships, and any general topics we discuss here. As the group is closed and each user must be approved, your friends and family on Facebook won’t see any of your activity. Request to join the group here: http://bit.ly/milunplugged Thank you to all of our past and current users. You helped build our community, and we look forward to continuing to interact with you in the Facebook groups. If you have any questions about the groups and privacy, let’s chat about here:   Sincerely,   The Grandparents.com Team
Mame925

Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili

13 posts in this topic

Oh this turned out so very good! Vegan, high fiber, big flavor

medium sweet potato, peeled and diced (I used garnet yam)

medium yellow onion, diced

sweet and/or bell pepper to taste, diced

2 cloves garlic, finely minced or grated

cumin & chili powder to taste

2 cups finely chopped tomato or tomato puree

1 can black beans, drained & rinsed

Saute the sweet potato, onion & pepper in a bit of coconut oil or olive oil. Add garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add cumin & chili powder, stir to blend, add tomatoes then cook on low until everything is hot & simmering. Add beans & heat thru. Makes two generous servings.

3 people like this

This sounds amazing ...

I made a version of this for lunch- (it had been on my mind since you posted it)- And it was amazing- I ate it for dinner too-

1 person likes this

I made this yesterday and DH, who isn't a big fan of beans and lentils, really liked this as much as I did.

3 people like this

Went for a walk in the woods and then came home and made this, this time exactly as instructed .. and it was awesome! I love this stuff!

2 people like this

Fast, easy and super flavor....can't go wrong..

2 people like this

22 hours ago, Mame925 said:

Fast, easy and super flavor....can't go wrong..

No, you cant- I cooked breakfast for the guys and reheated the chili for me-

1 person likes this

I've not got the authority to bump this thread .. but I've a "hankerin' " to make it again .. :) .. very addictive dish .. and stick to the ribs ..

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm good! It's perfect for cold winter days....and looks pretty in the bowl...

But this is New Year's Day...should be black eye peas....I made mine into salsa

Edited by Mame925

Oh my goodness that sounds delicious! :) 

Thanks for the recipe, Mame! 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, BalloonPants said:

Oh my goodness that sounds delicious! :) 

Thanks for the recipe, Mame! 

It is, BP! I make a triple batch this evening- Out of this world .. hit the spot!  Do you have any recipes to share? Open a new thread!

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Komorebi said:

It is, BP! I make a triple batch this evening- Out of this world .. hit the spot!  Do you have any recipes to share? Open a new thread!

Sounds so good, Kom!

Recipes? Oh yes, I have tons! Going to give some thought to your idea and post one! :) 

I find this time of the year... the winter season, making heavier meals is my favourite thing to do. Meals that stick to ones ribs. :) 

I'm not a black bean fan so I won't be trying this one.

I will remind folks not to bump a thread that is more than three months old.  Since this one was started during the summer, I will lock it.  

Anybody...feel free to start a new thread to share your favorite recipes for your favorite winter dishes.