• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

FIL V. SIL

4 posts in this topic

Often we talk about MIL/DIL problems in here. But how about FIL/SIL (son-in-law) issues? We don't hear about them as much, but, no doubt, they exist. Do/did you or anyone you know ever have an FIL/SIL problem in their family/FOO?

Hubby and SIL used to tolerate each other (or hubby tolerated SIL)...goes back to "nobody is good enough for my daughter" probably...BUT...after their separation and DD spilled too much personal info...things are only worse and DD refused to talk honestly to her dad, so things haven't been resolved ... AND ... I refuse to get in the middle and make them both mad at me over their issue.

My Dad had a SIL he semi tolerated, there were issues on both sides and two difficult personalities.  Hubby never had an issue with him, because I didn't allow him to treat hubby badly.  I never heard any complaints from the two younger BILs, but one of them lived in his house after he passed by Dad's request partly, so gonna say no big issues there.

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, RoseRed135 said:

how about FIL/SIL (son-in-law) issues? We don't hear about them as much, but, no doubt, they exist.

My dad got on with all his SILs. He disliked BIL1, for much the same reasons as my brother dislikes BIL1 - a measuring contest between super alpha males. Dad really really disliked jerky BIL2. He kept these thoughts between himself and my brother (who shared with my husband after dad passed), no evidence of his dislikes ever surfaced. He was neutral about BIL3 and BIL4 and thought my husband was acceptable but couldn't really understand such a shy introvert. None of my BILs bothered my dad enough for there to be issues. Dad had mom, realized who he lived with, and what mattered.

My husband likes SIL2 a lot. He's constantly amazed at how difficult it must be putting up with spoiled princess YDD. But as my husband spoiled YDD himself - he knows she is worth getting along with. He didn't like abusive SIL1, detested the very ground he walked on. But he got along for ODD, if he ever has to see him again he'd be nice for ODDs children

Edited by JanelleK
spelling their there

2 hours ago, JanelleK said:

he'd be nice for ODDs children.

^^^^^ it's what's in the best interest of the children....I still get along with xDIL. I like her new DH, who is wonderful with her 3 kids & I will treat their upcoming new baby like one of my own because of the 3 kids. I watch DS/DIL & xDIL/DH coparent very well. New DIL's 2 kids think they are getting a new "half sibling" because their step sibs are getting one...this is how it should be. 

I get along marginally well with xSIL's....but only because of the kids.