• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
Mame925

Celebrity Deaths

38 posts in this topic

Sad day in country music today.

Montgomery Gentry member Troy Gentry died in a helicopter crash this afternoon on his way to tonight's gig in New Jersey...age 50. No one deserves to go out like that!

Vocalist Don Williams, age 78, died today after a short illness. Loved his basso/baritone voice. 

:sad:

I just read about both of those.

Harry Dean Stanton, 91 ..

Hugh Hefner, also 91.

Posted (edited)

Tom Petty .. Now there are only 2 surviving members left of The Traveling Wilburys-

Edited by Komorebi

Tom Petty is a sad one.  I love his music and his survival story from abuse and heroin addiction.  He was an amazing human being.  My younger sis saw him in concert last week at the Hollywood Bowl - I think it was his last concert, and she said he looked really tired and did not sound good.   He said this tour would most likely be his last one as they are so taxing especially so the older you get.  It is sad that he wasn't able to get to his next act which was spending more time with his family.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, BSW said:

Tom Petty is a sad one.  I love his music and his survival story from abuse and heroin addiction.  He was an amazing human being.  My younger sis saw him in concert last week at the Hollywood Bowl - I think it was his last concert, and she said he looked really tired and did not sound good.   He said this tour would most likely be his last one as they are so taxing especially so the older you get.  It is sad that he wasn't able to get to his next act which was spending more time with his family.

Life on the road is brutal...it's very taxing on the artists & their families. 

Hayden Kennedy and his girlfriend Inge Perkins -- she in an avalanche and he by taking his own life after she died- 

51 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Hayden Kennedy and his girlfriend Inge Perkins -- she in an avalanche and he by taking his own life after she died- 

Whoa! Just googled that. So poignant!

29 minutes ago, RoseRed135 said:

Whoa! Just googled that. So poignant!

Yes- It is-

Very sad

Michele Marsh, former CBS news anchor, 63 - 7 year battle with breast cancer ..

I remember her... so sad...

Robert Guillaume, Emmy-winning actor, dies at 89

Fats Domino, amiable rock 'n' roll pioneer, dies at 89

Both losses are very sad... sigh...

BTW, Guillaume was also the voice of Rafiki in Disney's version of "The Lion King."

1 person likes this

"Soap" was one of my favorite shows back in the day...Benson was the sensible mainstay in the middle of the chaos of the Tate home....

Malcolm Young, guitarist for AC / DC, 64

b28d1a52-7106-4b2f-9fbd-6d8592e1b8e5.jpg

Totally broken hearted to share the death of country music legend Mel Tillis, age 85. Singer, comedian, actor...known for a stutter when speaking, but not when singing...

I saw that on msn news.  We have lost a lot of talented people lately and some have lived a long life.

Yet another...Earl Hyman who played grandpa "Russell Huxtable" on The Cosby Show died at age 91...he was also an accomplished Shakespearean stage actor. 

And another....the legendary jazz singer/actress Della Reese,age 86. Known more recently from "Touched By An Angel"

And Ann Wedgeworth, the actress who played Aunt Fern and baked the bleeding armadillo cake in Steel Magnolias, she was 83 ..