• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

In the midst of hurricanes and wildfires, "never forget" 9/11...

4 posts in this topic

Right now, no doubt, many of us are focused on the havoc wreaked by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, as well as terrible wildfires in some states - especially those of us who live in or have friends and/or loved ones in any of said states. But please take a moment to remember that this is the anniversary of fateful 9/11/01...

Edited by RoseRed135

I will never forget 9-11.  It has been my Mother's birthday since 1927.  She will tell you though that she has not celebrated since 2001.  She is just too sad to celebrate now according to her.

7 minutes ago, SueSTx said:

I will never forget 9-11.  It has been my Mother's birthday since 1927.  She will tell you though that she has not celebrated since 2001.  She is just too sad to celebrate now according to her.

So sorry to hear that it marred your mother's birthday this way, Sue. :sad:

It's a mixed bag for me, because 9/11 is also my grand-niece's birthday...she's 11 today and great blessing. Other things include xH's memorial service was held today 3 years ago (for all that he died on my sister's birthday); he was a long haul trucker and today is national trucker's day.

Sue, remind your mom what a blessing she is in your life...and happy birthday anyway. She's 90...that's huge.