• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
annierobyn

Adult son SO angry with me

56 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, NannieE said:

In many ways I have an insider view because of the work I do, I see it from a different angle that most people.  When someone is cruel, toxic or just plain mean it is not really about the person it is being directed at, generally the problem is linked to the person who is being mean and is to do with something they are going through totally unrelated to their actions.

What does TO/VLC/CO mean.

TO-Time Out     VLC-Very Low Contact     CO- Cut Off

ETA: I agree, it is almost never about the person the abuse, toxicity, etc. is directed at, it's about the abuser. Sometimes it's hard to not take things personal though when it's a constant battle.

Edited by Cupcake55

List of Acronyms

TO = Time Out

VLC = Very Low Contact

CO = Cut Off

There is a list on the index of each forum. We do have a lot of shortcuts here to save space! 

@Cupcake55 you got in just ahead of me! LOL

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Cupcake55 said:

I agree... it's about the abuser. Sometimes it's hard to not take things personal though when it's a constant battle.

ITA.  Myself, I choose not to put up with abuse or abusers, because I don't have to.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Cupcake55 said:

TO-Time Out     VLC-Very Low Contact     CO- Cut Off

ETA: I agree, it is almost never about the person the abuse, toxicity, etc. is directed at, it's about the abuser. Sometimes it's hard to not take things personal though when it's a constant battle.

And the thing is, even if it's not directed at you, doesn't mean it doesn't wound.

Being shot by accident is still being shot.

1 hour ago, ImpishMom said:

And the thing is, even if it's not directed at you, doesn't mean it doesn't wound.

Being shot by accident is still being shot.

Yes. I agree. It bothers me more when PIL's, well, all/any IL's are nasty to DH. I take it less personal when directed toward me because it's not MY family but it stings me FOR DH when they are jerks to him and twice as bad when it involves our kids.

4 hours ago, NannieE said:

In many ways I have an insider view because of the work I do, I see it from a different angle that most people.  When someone is cruel, toxic or just plain mean it is not really about the person it is being directed at, generally the problem is linked to the person who is being mean and is to do with something they are going through totally unrelated to their actions.

Point well-taken. No doubt, this**** is often true.

What does TO/VLC/CO mean.

I see PPs have given you the definitions for the above. But for a comprehensive list of acronyms/abbreviations and Internet expression that you may come across on these boards, go here:

Edited by RoseRed135