• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

How's your (Columbus Day) weekend looking?

8 posts in this topic

YDD and my DGC  are all off on Monday for Columbus Day, so have an extended weekend - and a lot of plans. However, I'll be watching my granddolls for a while on Saturday. Hopefully, it's a lovely afternoon and we can enjoy the yard or go to the park. :)

Meanwhile, how does your weekend look? If you work, etc., do you, also have an extended one or just one or two days? Regardless, will you be busy w/ your kids/GC or have it all to yourself and your spouse/SO? Doing anything special? Or just relaxing? Or??

If you're one of our Canadian members, will you be hosting a Thanksgiving feast? Or attending one? Or??

It's Thanksgiving here this wknd.

7 hours ago, ImpishMom said:

It's Thanksgiving here this wknd.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Imp! :)

2 hours ago, RoseRed135 said:

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Imp! :)

Thanks! We do our dinner on Sunday (as opposed to Monday). Diva had a friend over last night that was interested in coming, but wasn't sure if she'd have the gas $ for it...so I slipped her a $20 for gas, in case she decides she'd like to come. Told her that if she decides not to come, no worries, I just didn't want gas money to prevent her from joining us if she wanted to.

3 people like this

No plans since we are retired and the AC usually work, it's just another day around here, though I know all the GD's are off school on Monday this year.

No plans here and my school district has no students tomorrow so no sub work for me...YAY...

My big deal this weekend was an invitation to DH's 50th class reunion....I went, and had a wonderful time. I live in the town where he attended school and many of his classmates are still here. It was a small turnout and I knew most of them. Several I didn't know came up to me to tell me what a great guy they always knew him to be and how much they liked him. 

DH's favorite cousin is passing thru town this afternoon so we'll meet for an early dinner. Looking forward to seeing them. 

1 person likes this

Last week was fall break - and we had a school trip, so lucky her got to have an extra day off while I had to get to work (pretty sure my guys want to be paid!)

1 person likes this

Thanksgiving went well, and now comes my favourite part: leftovers! I've always preferred the left overs to the initial dinner.

Diva's friend didn't make it, but her parents are also an hour or two from her, so I think the money I gave her made sure she got there, which makes me very happy. I just wanted to do my best to make sure she didn't miss out on Thanksgiving.

ETA: We do our dinner on Sun, friend's parents do theirs Mon, so there wasn't a conflict that way. 

Edited by ImpishMom
2 people like this