• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
SueSTx

Destructive California fires

29 posts in this topic

The winds are crazy right now in SoCal which are just fueling these fires.  

What a mess...DS had to drive back to base yesterday evening...he usually goes Hwy 101 (coastal route) but it was closed from Carpenteria (just south of Santa Barbara) so he had to take I5...a boring drive at best. He made it back to base with no incidents. However, a member of his command lost his home in the fires and several others he knows are threatened. I'm sure they are all wearing P95 masks by now due to the heavy smoke. 

The Napa fires were about an hour +/- from me and we had horrible smoke here. I'm sure the Santa Ana winds (multi-directional) are making everything so much worse. 

3 hours ago, BSW said:

The winds are crazy right now in SoCal which are just fueling these fires.  

So sorry, ladies, but glad you're ok.

Mame, I'm glad DS made it back to the base all right. Hope he continues to be ok.

So sad about the ones he knows who have suffered due to these fires.

I have a couple of relatives in California. TG, they're ok, but they, too, know people who have lost their homes. Heartbreaking!

2 hours ago, Mame925 said:

What a mess...DS had to drive back to base yesterday evening...he usually goes Hwy 101 (coastal route) but it was closed from Carpenteria (just south of Santa Barbara) so he had to take I5...a boring drive at best. He made it back to base with no incidents. However, a member of his command lost his home in the fires and several others he knows are threatened. I'm sure they are all wearing P95 masks by now due to the heavy smoke. 

The Napa fires were about an hour +/- from me and we had horrible smoke here. I'm sure the Santa Ana winds (multi-directional) are making everything so much worse. 

Edited by RoseRed135