• Announcements

• LaToyaADMIN

Tell us about your experience with signing up for Medicare   01/23/18

We want to know what the process was like for you, any difficulties you experienced, the length of your process, etc. This is strictly research and any information you share with us will not be shared elsewhere. Please email jack@grandparents.com with the subject line: Medicare Process and we'll be in touch with specific questions.
    • LaToyaADMIN

PLEASE READ: We are moving the community   02/15/18

Dear Community friends and family,   After great consideration, we are moving the Grandparents.com community to Facebook Groups effective March 15, 2018.   This wasn’t an easy decision, but we want to bring our communities together and believe the best place to do so is through Facebook’s groups feature. We’re so appreciative of you and the diverse conversations and opinions you have provided over the past 9 years. Your stories and amazing advice have helped so many readers, and have reached thousands of GP.com users. We encourage you to retrieve any information you want to retain as the forum will only be accessible by the admin after March 15, 2018. We’ve created a closed Facebook group called Mothers-in-Law Unplugged where we welcome you to continue the conversations around grandparenting, family, and in-law relationships, and any general topics we discuss here. As the group is closed and each user must be approved, your friends and family on Facebook won’t see any of your activity. Request to join the group here: http://bit.ly/milunplugged Thank you to all of our past and current users. You helped build our community, and we look forward to continuing to interact with you in the Facebook groups. If you have any questions about the groups and privacy, let’s chat about here:   Sincerely,   The Grandparents.com Team
Komorebi

A2 Milk

9 posts in this topic

I've seen it in the dairy section but never purchased it until this week- It's definitely creamy- As far as I know I'm not lactose intolerant, but sometimes my stomach freaks out when I eat ice cream- Maybe they will make ice cream, too- And lower the price if more people buy it, because it's expensive! Have you tried A2 milk, and if so what do you think of it?

The chocolate milk is freakin' amazing!

I haven't drunk milk since my early teens....I don't like it, it doesn't like me. I can cook with it, so buy aseptically packed milk with a long shelf life....I balance out other dairy carefully.

I do not tolerate "raw" milk well.  If I have cold cereal, there is no other milk product the same day.

I use canned milk or half and half when cooking.  Cooked puddings etc do not bother me.  

Some brands of ice cream are OK and some flavors are not.  I never eat ice cream away from home.

We had some of the "shelf" boxed milk at school for emergencies, I couldn't get past the smell.

I've had Horizon boxed organic milk and didn't think they were all that bad- I usually keep cans of evaporated in stock just in case- My son grabbed sweetened condensed by accident, so I've those too -- but don't intend to use- My other son might take them for making macaroons-

31 minutes ago, SueSTx said:

We had some of the "shelf" boxed milk at school for emergencies, I couldn't get past the smell.

Since I don't drink it, it never occurred to me to smell it....LOL

I bought a couple of cartons last year.  I think it is good.  I decided that it wasn't worse the significantly  higher cost.

Edited by skipped

I must admit, I hadn't even heard of A2 milk until this thread. IDK if that means the stores near me don't carry it or I just haven't seen it. Now I'll have to look. :)

Edited by RoseRed135

So I googled A2 milk and got a big surprise, I hadn't heard of it either.  This is what I found:

You will find our products in your local specialty food stores and supermarkets.
We recommend that you call your retailer to confirm the availability.

When I put in my zip code I found no stores within 100 miles.  I'm pretty sure I won't be trying it anytime soon.