• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
homeygfunk

Veterans Day

8 posts in this topic

Remember our veterans this Veterans Day Saturday, Nov 11. There may be restaurants in your area offering a free meal for veterans. You can probably google your local restaurants and find out which ones do. Offer to take a veteran out to eat or even bring them a home cooked meal. 

Good idea, homey! I might even do it for DH! :)

1 person likes this

We do Remembrance Day in Canada. Our 12 yo ds is taking part in the local ceremony, so at least Wolf, Diva and Princess will be there as well, I suspect (Diva might be working, we'll see). I'll be home w/the youngest Minions, b/c I don't handle standing out in the cold well.

We always listen to 'A Pittance of Time' on youtube. It's a music video, and really amazing. I'd link it, but I'm not sure it's ok for the forum (I don't remember if there's ads w/the video or not, there's absolutely nothing in the video or lyrics that isn't G rated.)

2 people like this

We also have to remember the Marine Corp 242nd  Birthday in our House Nov. 10th. 

Lots to remember and be thankful for.

Home of the Free.jpg

2 people like this

Hope everyone has a lovely Veterans' Day - or for our Canadian members, Remembrance Day - and a delightful weekend overall!

@ImpishMom - Hope your 12 enjoys being in the ceremony and does his part well!

@godsgifts - Hope the Marine Corp birthday was enjoyable, too!

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, RoseRed135 said:

Hope everyone has a lovely Veterans' Day - or for our Canadian members, Remembrance Day - and a delightful weekend overall!

@ImpishMom - Hope your 12 enjoys being in the ceremony and does his part well!

@godsgifts - Hope the Marine Corp birthday was enjoyable, too!

Wolf and the girls went with him, and the youngest 2 and I stayed home. Diva had been in Cadets herself, and had marched in other ceremonies. Remembrance Day is something we've always taken seriously in our family, long before kids were really old enough to understand what it was about.

2 people like this

It was great our Grand Daughter bought my husband a cake with Happy Birthday 242nd USMC in Marine colors. 

2 people like this