• Announcements

• LaToyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LaToyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

Traveling for the holidays?

8 posts in this topic

Will you be traveling/did you travel this year to visit your long distance loved ones for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah and/or Kwanzaa, etc? Or will they be traveling to see you?

Edited by RoseRed135
colot & add phrase

Just up the road about 70mi to Sister's....I'll spend the night...they have started to act "old" and don't want me driving at night, especially on a holiday. I'm good with it. We'll watch "Miracle on 34th Street" (1947 BW version with the dazzling Maureen O'Hara) and have pie for breakfast.

12 hours ago, RoseRed135 said:

Will you be traveling this year......  Or will they be traveling to see you?

My family and part of our family travels, my brother and his family live a distance and he wants us all together. Some of our kids won't be traveling, 2 have little babies (no holiday travel), 1 will soon have a newborn (no Christmas travel), and one has moved a distance.

ETA: and skiing, we like to eat, do dishes and be skiing within 2 hours of the noon-dinner prayer.   :)

Edited by JanelleK

Sounds good, ladies!

@All - Anyone else?

Or if you won't be traveling, is there any other way you're staying in touch w/ LD family during the holiday season? Skype? FT? Cards? Gifts? Phone calls? Internet? Or??

We will be traveling back home (about 2 hours) the weekend before Christmas and have an evening set aside for each of our families.  On Sunday we will head back to our home and enjoy Christmas day with no obligations, just time to enjoy my hubby and the kids.  I'm really looking forward to the yummy breakfast I have planned that we can take our time to enjoy, mimosas included!

I'm travelling to take my daughter to see her grandparents.

Moving on to Christmas....our Christmas Eve party is at DS starting around noon and will break up around 6. Sis/Bil/niece & her family need to get to a Christmas Eve service where niece's FIL is pastor, so is expected. I'll take DS' 3 kids with me to their other GP where their mom/SD will be waiting, pick up the dog (he's spending the week with me) then head home to quiet....The pup is a wonderful houseguest...he secures the perimeter every night and rids the yard of interlopers. 

No clue yet what I'll do Christmas Day. Might go to favorite cousin's...might go to the movies...and I have a feeling I'll be invited to Christmas dinner at gkids other GP...we'll see.

We're going to visit my parents but it's rather a unique situation. My parents live about 4 hours' drive from us. Hubby has to work over Christmas (night security guard) so Christmas day won't be much for us. My parents are going up to the community where my dad grew up, about 2.5 hours from us. My dad's family still lives there (his brother-in-law and brother and his wife). This is the first Christmas without either of my dad's parents - his father passed away just after last Christmas and his mother 3 years ago. My parents are going to stay in my grandparents' old house, which sits on the same property as my aunt and uncle's house. We've been invited to come and see everyone at that time. My second-youngest brother and his wife and son are going to come up; they live several hours away but they're staying with her parents which is just an hour's drive from the farm. My youngest brother lives an hour away from the farm so he'll come too. My sister and her husband live in New Zealand (moving to Canada did not work out) so they won't be here. My two oldest brothers are not able to make it - Bro1 and his partner are expecting their first baby in February so she's not safe to fly and it's too far to drive. Bro2 and his girlfriend will not be attending due to some family illness on her side.