• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

S/O of "Grandchild cuts off grandparent"

37 posts in this topic

Further....DS has stated he will facilitate DGS and DH getting together. Then he will not allow DGS to read DH’s note.

Annie, it's possible that DS does want to facilitate a relationship between DGS and DH, but also thinks that requires an admission of wrongdoing on DH's part. He may not have shown DGS the note b/c he doesn't feel it was the "right" kind of apology.

If this is the case, sorry to say, there may be nothing that can be done at the moment b/c, as mentioned earlier, DH doesn't believe he did anything wrong.

Then again, DS could be playing games b/c he really doesn't want to facilitate the relationship but just doesn't want to look like the "bad guy" in DGS' eyes.

If that's the case, then, of course, here again, there's nothing that can be done right now.

It may be painful to realize, especially so close to Christmas, but I think the GF/GS relationship is on hold for the time being. And, by extension, the same might be true of your own  relationship w/ DGS . I'm so sorry to say this, but, IMO, it's true.

But perhaps someone else can come up w/ a solution. I certainly hope so.

(((Hugs!)))

1 person likes this

annie, It seems to me that you and hubby will have to patch up your relationship with your son before you will get the opportunity to get in touch with your grandson.

1 person likes this

DS and DH patching things up is not going to happen. 30 years of this.....

im just sick of it.

On 12/3/2017 at 5:26 PM, annierobyn said:

DS and DH patching things up is not going to happen. 30 years of this.....

im just sick of it.

It's a good place to start, a good beginning, to reach a point of enough is enough- Sometimes people in general have a difficult time simply appreciating one another-

1 person likes this

Based on many of your posts annie, it seems to me that your son likes to use your GS in his fights with people.  In the past when he's angry at you he has used not seeing your GS as punishment.  It sounds like he has never gotten along with your husband.  Based on what you've said about him I find it highly likely that he really doesn't want to facilitate any relationship between your husband and your GS.  I think he says he does, he might even think he does, but based on his behavior, he doesn't.

Your in counseling with him.  Why don't you discuss this with him with the counselor?

Edited by skipped

Skipped - I will try to address this though he will say it’s entirely DGS decision. All I can do is try. Sigh...

Remind him that DGS needs all the facts to make an informed decision....

1 person likes this

Mame925 - this is DS who refused to give DGS the apology note from DH because, in his opinion, it was “lame ***”. Need I say more? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

3 hours ago, annierobyn said:

Mame925 - this is DS who refused to give DGS the apology note from DH because, in his opinion, it was “lame ***”. Need I say more? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

All the more reason to bring it to his attention...

1 person likes this

On 21/11/2017 at 0:03 PM, ImpishMom said:

Diva has been ITO/VVVVLC w/MIL ever since MIL sent me a Mother's Day card that left her out of the number of children I had. Was more than bad enough that MIL would occasionally 'forget' to include Diva among Wolf's children, but to leave her out of how many children *I* had?! Yeah, that's a no fly zone.

MIL sometimes asks to talk to her, but Diva's had enough. I think MIL not even uttering a 'congrats' about Wolf adopting Diva just cemented that one.

Unbefreakinglievable! Grand witch indeed. 

I CO my MGM after I was an adult when I realised she was very nice to other people but horrid to her own family. I told her that if she could be nice to strangers she could darned well be nice to her family and then just never visited her again.