• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
RoseRed135

How does 2018 look to you? (Question of the Month, January 2018)

13 posts in this topic

DH and I are going to have the granddolls at our house for a few days over the New Year, so I may not be in as much, during that time. For that reason, I'm putting this question up a little early...

How does 2018 look to you? Are you anticipating any changes, big or small, or expecting things to go on. more or less, as they are?

ETA: Your reply can be personal or political, etc. If personal, please feel free to make it about work, family/IL relationships, friendships, and/or personal goals, etc.

Edited by RoseRed135
1 person likes this

Each year we celebrate the arrival of a New Year, we always hope for the best.

As far as any changes related to life and all that jazz goes, I'm hoping to kick my cigarette habit, and DH is hoping to walk more. I think with each of us working towards a goal, our support of each others progress should help keep us motivated.

Aside from that, all I wish for is good health, Happiness, and a lotto winning! :)

3 years ago DH's passing was imminent...fast forward, I'm still moving forward. It's a fairly quiet life, yet I'm extremely busy. 2018 will be the Year of the Plan! Cleaning out, sorting, eliminating etc...I plan to have the house painted and the backyard deck redone. I'll still work when the spirit moves me. 

And there will be travel....#1GB plays elite level baseball, at 13 he's already on scouting radar. His team will travel to the Philippines...and this Mame goes where he goes. I go as team support and tourist...not chaperone! Musical travel as well. Sis & I are headed to Vegas to see Van Morrison, I'll be back in Nashville for some big musical fun...and I'm other things will pop up...

Just praying for a healthier summer this year.  Summers of 2013, 2015 and 2017 were my time to be on the "recouping" list and summer of 2016 hubby broke his leg and has been using a cane ever since.  We're looking to an uneventful summer for 2018.

This year I am doing some personal interior work, bigtime. I want to figure out just what I want my life to look like for the next five years. That will involve some letting go.

Which is related to another goal: cleaning out and organizing my sewing room/woman cave. After my mom passed away last spring, I brought home quite a bit of her sewing room stuff, and I probably shouldn't have. I suddenly seem to have too small of a room!

1 person likes this

My sewing room is 7x11....and very full...it's on the "My Plan" list to overhaul...

1 person likes this

My hope is to get rid of many of the "things" we have collected over the past 42yrs.+ Some may have value, other collections are probably just junk but it was something we collected because we liked it. Example: salt and pepper shakes many antique. Some I know are worth bucks, but as my DD says who wants around 50 of those things, not me!!!
They were fun collecting, but I haven't added any in a long while. Come to think of it, almost anything kitchen related I collected. DH says his collection of "old" tools , cars and parts won't be going anywhere. One project at a time.  That's a 2019 project.

1 person likes this

YDD has just completed the academic program she was in, and will begin working in her field in 2018. Yay! But she won't be working FT b/c she has a few courses to go to finish her Bachelor's (better late than never!), which she not only wants (can't blame her) but needs for better opportunities in her field. So my schedule may be very different in the coming year... I'm not sure yet. YDD is trying to schedule everything so that her work/school hours will be mostly when the kids are in school, too. But she may have to take a class or 2 in the evening, meaning I'll still be watching my granddolls at those times (happy to). Also, will, no doubt still do some chauffeuring to extracurriculars after school hours.

Also, DGD will be graduating elementary school this year and entering middle school. Not sure yet, if that will affect my schedule or not, but it might. I do know she's already acting more "grownup," as I've mentioned elsewhere ("too old," according to her, for dolls or Halloween costumes, etc.... snif...). And already showing less interest in spending time w/ "Gramma." (Me: "Want to do this/that?" DGD: "No, thank you, Gramma. I'll be in my room"... sigh... well, not all the time, but more often than in the past).

16 hours ago, DaisyJane said:

My hope is to get rid of many of the "things" we have collected over the past 42yrs.+ Some may have value, other collections are probably just junk but it was something we collected because we liked it. Example: salt and pepper shakes many antique. Some I know are worth bucks, but as my DD says who wants around 50 of those things, not me!!!
They were fun collecting, but I haven't added any in a long while. Come to think of it, almost anything kitchen related I collected. DH says his collection of "old" tools , cars and parts won't be going anywhere. One project at a time.  That's a 2019 project.

While DH & I were going through the things from his parents' home, we ended up going through - and removing - some of our own, as well. It's amazing how some things you (general) once enjoyed now seem like "just junk," etc. Some things, of course, are still precious, but we definitely did some weeding out.

In fact, this has inspired me to open a thread about a new method of decluttering I've recently heard of - "Swedish death cleaning!":

Edited by RoseRed135

Happy New Year, Rose / All .. :)

Happy New Year to you, too. And to everyone else.

Thanks, ladies! I definitely had a Happy New Year! Hope everyone else did, too! Or if not "happy,' due to estrangements, etc., then, at least, peaceful.

Happy New Year everybody! :) 

May 2018 bring good health, happiness, and prosperity.

1 person likes this